Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

Netduino Plus, installing new drivers and firmware

netduino plus firmware drivers

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 crocboy

crocboy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 06:25 PM

I was following the firmware update sticky and tried to update my Netduino Plus.  I applied the 3V3 on the gold erase pad, and power cycled the Netduino.  Now it doesn't appear in the MFDeploy application under the "USB" tab.  When I plug it in, Windows tries to assign it weird drivers such as "LEGO Mindstorms Update Mode" or "GPS Camera Detect".  I tried updating the drivers with both the drivers included in the Netduino SDK and the drivers Chris posted on the forums, but neither work.  Any ideas?

EDIT:  Before attempting to update, it was working fine.  Now, when I plug it in, these three LED's come on: PWR, LED, and ACT.

#2 Nevyn

Nevyn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1072 posts
  • LocationNorth Yorkshire, UK

Posted 02 March 2013 - 07:01 PM

I applied the 3V3 on the gold erase pad, and power cycled the Netduino.  Now it doesn't appear in the MFDeploy application under the "USB" tab.  When I plug it in, Windows tries to assign it weird drivers such as "LEGO Mindstorms Update Mode" or "GPS Camera Detect".  I tried updating the drivers with both the drivers included in the Netduino SDK and the drivers Chris posted on the forums, but neither work.  Any ideas?

Applying 3.3V to the erase tab wipes the board completely.  I think you need to put the boot loader on the board and then the firmware.  You can find instructions in the wiki:

Installing a new boot loader

Installing new firmware for the Netduino Plus (note these instructions are for the Netduino Plus and not the Netduino Plus 2)

Hope this helps,

Mark

To be or not to be = 0xFF

Blogging about Netduino, .NET, STM8S and STM32 and generally waffling on about life

Follow @nevynuk on Twitter

#3 crocboy

crocboy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 10:45 PM

Thank you very much Mark!  I was able to get the bootloader back on with SAM-BA and then flashed the newest firmware.  Thanks again!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: netduino plus, firmware, drivers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.