Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

Anyone seen the MYO Gesture control Armband Yet

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 JerseyTechGuy

JerseyTechGuy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 870 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 09:34 PM

Saw this today and all the ideas started racing through my head.  Anyone else see this yet?

https://getmyo.com/

#2 hanzibal

hanzibal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1287 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 28 February 2013 - 10:47 PM

Me want :-)

#3 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 28 February 2013 - 11:05 PM

That is pretty cool! Chris

#4 JerseyTechGuy

JerseyTechGuy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 870 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 02:56 AM

I like the quad-copter idea.  I want to build one eventually so maybe this is a good excuse.

#5 hanzibal

hanzibal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1287 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 02 March 2013 - 05:37 PM

Just couldn't help myself, it's a must have so they got my money :-) One of the major benefits of paying a long time in advance is that when you finally get the stuff, you feel like you got it for free. And, should you never get it, it's not all that big of a deal since by then, the dough is long gone anyway. I guess it's just a matter of having the correct balance between geekyness and foolishness.

#6 baxter

baxter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 07:05 PM

I came across this on HuffPost,

http://www.huffingto..._n_2773778.html

It seems to be similar, but with a different sensing method.

#7 hanzibal

hanzibal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1287 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 02 March 2013 - 09:24 PM

Yes, pretty cool too. Seems it's meant more as a secondary controller next to your mouse and looks to be stationary while as the myo is worn like an armband. I can see myself flipping through tv channels by wiggling my index finger.

#8 hanzibal

hanzibal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1287 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 25 April 2013 - 02:16 AM

Got this by email yesterday:

http://us6.campaign-...39&e=7e2b943613

It says early 2014 now, I can't remember what they said originally but it could be outdated by the time it's out  :unsure:

I recently got a used XBox Kinect sensor and connected that to my PC, it's a really awesome gizmo for the money.

#9 JerseyTechGuy

JerseyTechGuy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 870 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 03:15 AM

Got this by email yesterday:

http://us6.campaign-...39&e=7e2b943613

It says early 2014 now, I can't remember what they said originally but it could be outdated by the time it's out  :unsure:

I recently got a used XBox Kinect sensor and connected that to my PC, it's a really awesome gizmo for the money.

I've been working a lot with the Kinect.  We are using it for Paranormal Investigation.  I've written some custom stuff that tracks motion and we are using the microphone array for directional recording.  The great part is we can use the Infrared features when we are in complete darkness.

#10 hanzibal

hanzibal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1287 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 25 April 2013 - 03:25 AM

That's really cool and I can just imagine what it can do for you and your investigations!

Do you mean to say you're interfacing with a uC or are you using a laptop with it?

#11 JerseyTechGuy

JerseyTechGuy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 870 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 09:10 AM

That's really cool and I can just imagine what it can do for you and your investigations!

Do you mean to say you're interfacing with a uC or are you using a laptop with it?

This unfortunately is with a laptop and you need a quite powerful laptop to pull it off. Takes lots of resources.

I am planning on using a uC in the future to build a motion tracking system so the kinect can pan/tilt/rotate and follow a detected object and that will be Netduino 2 Based.

#12 hanzibal

hanzibal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1287 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 25 April 2013 - 11:07 AM

Yeah, the power of Kinect lies in the middleware so I guess it takes a few MIPS and FLOPS to spin it.

#13 Frikkie

Frikkie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 06:16 AM

I know this is an old post, but I ordered one of the Myo's was hoping anyone has some drivers or any way to use it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.