Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

Special Netduino Pluses on sale.

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 13 December 2010 - 06:02 PM

Quick note for the community...

A few dozen Netduino Pluses from the first batch had small silkscreen errors. In particular, there was a silkscreen error in the "GND" text next to the power headers.

To maintain high quality standards, we couldn't bring ourselves to selling these units. But we also didn't want to throw them away as they were perfectly good boards.

So... They're available through Amazon.com at a 10% discount. There are only a few dozen units. They're listed as "used - very good" and come with a 30-day warranty.

More Netduino Pluses are shipping out to resellers over the next few weeks as well. But if you were really wanting a Netduino Plus for the holidays, you're in the USA, and you don't mind buying a product with a small cosmetic fault...you may want to grab one.

Chris

#2 Lance Fisher

Lance Fisher

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 10:45 PM

Sweet! I just ordered one. I've been looking for a Netduino Plus for a couple days. This will be my first attempt to program a micro controller. If it goes well, I'll present at the .NET Users Group in Missoula, MT.

Lance

Quick note for the community...

A few dozen Netduino Pluses from the first batch had small silkscreen errors. In particular, there was a silkscreen error in the "GND" text next to the power headers.

To maintain high quality standards, we couldn't bring ourselves to selling these units. But we also didn't want to throw them away as they were perfectly good boards.

So... They're available through Amazon.com at a 10% discount. There are only a few dozen units. They're listed as "used - very good" and come with a 30-day warranty.

More Netduino Pluses are shipping out to resellers over the next few weeks as well. But if you were really wanting a Netduino Plus for the holidays, you're in the USA, and you don't mind buying a product with a small cosmetic fault...you may want to grab one.

Chris

#3 WannaFly

WannaFly

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 03:54 AM

I've ordered one of these also. My first dive into micro controllers also - been reading about it for a year+. I do full .net development, so it'll be interesting to be able to use the same tools to program this. I'm such a beginner, I'd love to see more tutorials/walkthroughs/etc on this for complete beginners. Any suggestions for first projects? I'd like to eventually make a garden monitor to monitor soil moisture, light levels, temp, etc. Will most of the audrino tutorials (besides programming, more hardware) work about the same for this?

#4 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 14 December 2010 - 06:36 AM

Hi WannaFly, Welcome to the Netduino community. Arduino tutorials will generally be pretty helpful in learning how to build electronics projects. The code will need to be translated to C#. A garden monitor sounds awesome. Please feel free to post your progress... Chris

#5 Eric Burdo

Eric Burdo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 03:49 PM

I'd like to eventually make a garden monitor to monitor soil moisture, light levels, temp, etc.

I'm considering building a few of those this spring, to put in some green-houses around the area. Fun project for me and my son.
~ Eric D. Burdo ~ http://brick-labs.com/

Today LED's, tomorrow, the world!!! Well, OK, maybe servos.

#6 Jim Davies

Jim Davies

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts
  • LocationBrighton & Hove, UK

Posted 14 December 2010 - 06:10 PM

WannaFly:

Check out This upcoming book

Jim

#7 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 14 December 2010 - 06:40 PM

Quick update: these special units have all sold.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.