Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

How to power netduino without USB?

usb power power supply car battery battery

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 NeonMika / Markus VV.

NeonMika / Markus VV.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts
  • LocationUpper Austria

Posted 22 February 2013 - 02:16 PM

Oh, pretty nice :)

Thanks for the link, probably I will look into this some time.

But I probably will use the things that I have at home :P

NeonMika.Webserver
> Control your N+ and write webservice methods easyily
> Receive data from you N+ (in XML or JSON)
> Browse the SD on your N+ directly in the browser and d
own - and upload files

If you need help with NeonMika.Webserver, please just leave a note in the thread and/or contact me via Skype :)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--- Mistakes teach you important lessons. Every time you make one, you are one step closer to your goal. ----
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#22 NooM

NooM

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 490 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 22 February 2013 - 02:27 PM

i like that usb power supply thingy, its what i suggested, a swichting regulator from ebay (LM2596) - yeah in the post before i mentioned the wrong one, i corrected this.

i use them a lot. :wub:

about noise: well that depends: when i use a cheap cellphone charger i get a lot of noise, but

from a battery or a regulated power supply i get no noise at all (with the voltage first stepped up, than stepped down again, so 2x switching)

about the design: i think the chinese use the standard design from the datasheet.

there are also some versions that have current limiters, with them you can even charge li-** akkus.

its also kind of protection, so no fuse is needed.

(well, i just have the normal ones, when i short them they die, when i use more current than they can supply they drop the voltage a lot)

#23 carb

carb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 352 posts
  • LocationCrystal River, Florida

Posted 22 February 2013 - 06:33 PM

Current draw for just the boards with power led on (barrel jack 7.5 vdc applied):

• Netduino = 32 mamp
  • Netduino + = 41 mamp
  • Netduino 2 = 22 mamp
  • Netduino +2 = 122 mamp

#24 NooM

NooM

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 490 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 22 February 2013 - 07:12 PM

how did you get this values? doesent sound right to me.

was running code with a loop on all devices?

(my mini consumes ~30ma with fresh firmware install w/o program, but ~100-120ma with some code running)

#25 carb

carb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 352 posts
  • LocationCrystal River, Florida

Posted 22 February 2013 - 11:12 PM

I plugged each board into a precision power supply that displays applied voltage and the current that is being used.

Barrel connector input with the power supply programed at 7.5 vdc. No IOs other anything else connected. Some may have programs running, I did not erase boards, All have current firmware loaded. https://www.dropbox....nm/IMGP0265.JPG

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: usb, power, power supply, car battery, battery

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.