Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

UsbController.GetControllers();

USB UsbClient UsbController.GetControllers

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 YuvaRaja

YuvaRaja

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationINDIA

Posted 20 February 2013 - 02:04 PM

Hi i want to know the  UsbController[] controllers = UsbController.GetControllers(); method Returns the available  USB ports or it returns only the available USBClients...?

Because i want to use a USBHost, So weather this method returns the USBClient only or both the Client and the HOST...?

Regards YuvaRaja...

#2 NooM

NooM

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 490 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 20 February 2013 - 03:03 PM

i dont think you can use netduino as usb host, at least there is no easy way.

the usb port is used for deployment, so you have to change this first to an serial port.

than iam not sure if the firmware implements usb-host support, and from there it gets really messy :(

//edit: a usb-host shield could be a good solution.

#3 YuvaRaja

YuvaRaja

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationINDIA

Posted 21 February 2013 - 04:10 AM

Hi Noom, i have my own PCB.That has one debug port and one USB host port.

The UsbController[] controllers = UsbController.GetControllers(); method returns both the debug port and the USB host port.

So i need to know how to implement the USB host after detecting the host port in NETMF...?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: USB, UsbClient, UsbController.GetControllers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.