Problem with STDFUTester - Beta Firmware and Drivers - Netduino Forums

Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

Problem with STDFUTester

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 KRavEN

KRavEN

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 05:36 PM

Trying to run the STDFUTester application to update my firmware under Win7 x64 running in VirtualBox on a Ubuntu 12.10 host machine.  I'm getting:

"The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0150002)"

I've tried installing the DfsuDemo_v3.0.2_Setup_amd64.exe, uninstalling, and then trying  DfsuDemo_v3.0.2_Setup.exe but I get the same error with both.

I don't have a non-vm windows install available to try.  Are there any tools to flash the firmware for linux?

#2 KRavEN

KRavEN

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 09:38 PM   Best Answer

I got it working with the info here http://forums.netdui...app/#entry46061

#3 neslekkim

neslekkim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 350 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 25 February 2013 - 08:34 AM

The info in that thread does not directly relate to your error, but did v3.0.3 work better for you?

for me, on with 3.0.2, the error message is due to missing MFC dll's, so one need to install the vcredist_x86 package from visualstudio 2005 (vc++ v8)

Partly confusing also, is that the installer differs between 32bit and 64bit versions, but the binaries for both are 32bit, I guess the 64bit part is only driver related, but at least, whatever one installs, it's the 32bit vcredist one need to install.

Specifically I installed this: http://www.microsoft...ls.aspx?id=3387

(I reinstalled an new computer not long ago, not cluttered up with old software yet ;) )

--
Asbjørn

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.