Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

Skype Notifier

skype tcp internet remote

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 martin2250

martin2250

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 14 February 2013 - 04:26 PM

hey guys,

some time ago, i played around with Skypes official API library, called Skype4ComLib. Now that I own a Netduino and needed something useful for it to do i remembered this api and spent some time creating this Application.

It's very simple to set up, you need to deploy the SkypeNotifier app to your Netduino Plus (2), and afterwards run Host.exe on your Computer (skype must be running). Host.exe will ask Skype to get access to the messages, if you accept it will redirect any message you received to your Netduino

of course I included every piece of source code, don't worry it will not forward your messages to anyone else

if you receive a message, your Netduino will blink 10 times and you should see the sender on the first row and the message below.If the message is too long to be displayed on your lcd, it will scoll through the message in any speed you want.

the current Pin setup for the Display is: RS-D8   Enable-D9     Bit 0-3 : D10-D13

in the future, i will work on a Forms Application, and maybe on some commonly used responses wired up to a button to respond without opening Skype

Greetings,

Martin

Attached Files

#2 roguemat

roguemat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 14 February 2013 - 05:35 PM

Oh, nice! How about some pics of the setup?
I make Windows Phone stuff for beer money and rent (in order of priority). I've got a blog and am on the Twitter machine.

#3 martin2250

martin2250

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 14 February 2013 - 07:42 PM

Oh, nice! How about some pics of the setup?

i guess there isn't much to the setup besides a LCD hooked up to a Netduino, but here you go:

Posted Image

here's a screenshot of the software:

Posted Image

#4 NeonMika / Markus VV.

NeonMika / Markus VV.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts
  • LocationUpper Austria

Posted 15 February 2013 - 06:00 PM

Cool project, also did some projects with the Skype API myself.

Auto-answering, etc.

Also used Skype as communication basic in my diploma project.

Nice to see other skype projects around! :)

A video (or more pics) would be pretty nice.

Greets, Markus

NeonMika.Webserver
> Control your N+ and write webservice methods easyily
> Receive data from you N+ (in XML or JSON)
> Browse the SD on your N+ directly in the browser and d
own - and upload files

If you need help with NeonMika.Webserver, please just leave a note in the thread and/or contact me via Skype :)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--- Mistakes teach you important lessons. Every time you make one, you are one step closer to your goal. ----
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: skype, tcp, internet, remote

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.