Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

Custom Logic on Shield Base to drive SD and Ethernet

SD Ethernet Custom Logic Shield Base

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 xlkdxinsanity

xlkdxinsanity

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 03:06 AM

Ok so first off I'll say that I've had Netduino+ for a little while now and really enjoy it.

Recently I have started looking at the Go for an idea. I understand that there is both an sd and ethernet module in the works but have a similar yet different question. I would like to know if it's possible to put custom logic on the shieldbase and if so is it capable of directly driving an sd card and ethernet. I would rather not have the mainboard involved in this as I'm wanting to basically have the shieldbase deal with communication and buffering of data with a computer and let the mainboard contact the shieldbase as it needs to but not have to deal with it when it doesnt. Also it appears that you can only have one shieldbase attached right now, if so how long until that restriction is lifted? And after that is lifted and it is moved to SPI will I still be able to make custom firmware for it with my own logic (Preferably in c#). More than likely removing the direct access to the pins and giving it functions to access what it needs to from that board.

Thanks!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: SD, Ethernet, Custom Logic, Shield Base

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.