Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

Dead USB, can't deploy, connect or reset...

usb connect error deploy

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#21 zee

zee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 07:23 AM

Hi,

I have the same problem. Even though i did the re-flash few times before, but this time is quite strange for me. The USB cable cannot detect to the PC, its not even to the bootloader mode. Tried on other PC and used other cables, but the problem still the same. Is there any other way to reset/erase the Netduino Plus 2?

#22 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 10 April 2013 - 08:49 PM

If you plug the board into your PC while firmly holding down the pushbutton--and the blue LED does not turn off--then it is either in bootloader mode or the board is damaged. If it is bootloader mode, you'll get device enumeration via USB. If it doesn't enumerate (on any PC) in this condition, then something somewhere has is damaged :( Chris

#23 zee

zee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 02:09 AM

Hi Chris,

Yes, I did few times holding down the pushbutton, and the LED does not turn off too. The LED stays on. There is nothing appear on the PC. Did alot of different ways to overcome this problem but to no available.  :(

#24 disu

disu

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 10:47 PM

I'm in the same condition.

If I hold down the button, NP2 enter in bootloader mode with the led always on: in device manager i see "STM32 BOOTLOADER" (in "Other devices" group). What does it means Chris?

In this state I can't see my device in MFDeploy or in Visual Studio Deployment Device field.

Do you suggest to reload original firmware?

#25 Chris Mancini

Chris Mancini

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 02:42 AM

I am in the same predicament as disu...Can anybody assist?

The Device Manager shows the Netduino (after connecting in bootloader mode) under Other devices as STM32 BOOTLOADER.  However the Device Manager also shows an "Warning Indicator" adorning the Icon for the STM32 BOOTLOADER.

If I try to update the Driver for the STM32 BOOTLOADER, it attempts to update the driver, but says "The system cannot find the file specified".

#26 Chris Mancini

Chris Mancini

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 02:51 AM

Figured it out...When updating the driver for the "STM32 BOOTLOADED", I navigated to "C:Program Files (x86)STMicroelectronicsSoftwareDfuSeDriver" to locate the driver.  

Now the device appears in the ST Microelectronics tools.

#27 MarvinMorris

MarvinMorris

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 05:20 PM

Hello,

I have had the same problem as described above.  In my case the Netduino+2 worked fine with the analog input sample program but when I tried the Http Server sample program it seemed to load OK but never made it to the 3rd statement in Main() -- and was no longer visible as USB.  I immediately purchased a new Netduino+2 and once again the analog input sample program worked fine, but deploying and running the HttpServer sample program had the same results -- USB is dead. 

Please let me know if you have any suggestions.

Thank you,

Marvin

#28 Larre

Larre

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 06:52 AM

Figured it out...When updating the driver for the "STM32 BOOTLOADED", I navigated to "C:Program Files (x86)STMicroelectronicsSoftwareDfuSeDriver" to locate the driver.  

Now the device appears in the ST Microelectronics tools.

This helped me, thanks a lot!

#29 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 13 December 2013 - 04:03 AM

Mavin--try erasing and reflashing your board. You may have accidentally opened up a reserved pin or otherwise locked out the Visual Studio debugger, the USB port, etc. Instructions for reflashing are included with the newest firmware "sticky" posts. Chris

#30 Fahdil

Fahdil

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts
  • LocationJakarta, Indonesia

Posted 28 January 2014 - 01:07 PM

If you plug the board into your PC while firmly holding down the pushbutton--and the blue LED does not turn off--then it is either in bootloader mode or the board is damaged. If it is bootloader mode, you'll get device enumeration via USB. If it doesn't enumerate (on any PC) in this condition, then something somewhere has is damaged :( Chris

it's happened to me.... I guess.... badly i dont know why it's happened. once I try to deploy my sketch, the debugger says that cant connect to netduino. I try to re-plug netduino and deploy it once again, and it's still happen. so i try to flush my netduino tarraaaa... netduino doesnt appear anymore in my hardware management.

My Netduino+ has damage. it force me to buy another one... the sketch deployed successfully.

so until now, I dunno what's the problem exactly.

huff :angry: ... I wish it doesnt happen ever again. :lol:

#31 Fahdil

Fahdil

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 08:17 AM

Update.....

My broken Netduino appears in comp management for Once...... 

After a month I left my broken NP1, today I take a bit try to plug it to my PC. Surprisingly, it's appear on comp. management. So I open my Samba and send the tinibooloader.  Successfully thought.... -_-

So it have to re-plug to see and ping on MFdeploy.... and Tarraaaaa it's doesn't detected anymore....

So I assume:

1. Somewhere in Netduino USB port maybe broken.

2. there is a remaining current for a while after plug out the usb (something like capacitive current). once this current drain out, I can detect the Netduino again for once. dunno how long.

hoho funny.... but I do experience this.... first time I try to re-plug it was a week after the Netduino was death, and the next 2 days. So I decide to bought the new 1. Today i give it a try with the death NP, and still happening so I post to the forum. Hope someone could solve this.

cheers

#32 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 25 February 2014 - 08:39 AM

Hi Fahdil, What version of Netduino SDK do you have installed? Does _anything_ show up in Device Manager when you plug in your Tinybooter-flashed Netduino? Also--did you try erasing and reflashing TinyBooterDecompressor with SAM-BA again? It's pretty easy to forget one of the "enable flash", "enable boot" options... Chris

#33 Fahdil

Fahdil

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 11:36 AM

Nothing Show up on device manager... I've using 4.2 version installed.

Yes I did, try erasing and re-flashing... and yes last time I did passed the enable boot script. so I reset it again (connecting gold pin near D0 to 3.3v). but It's the USB port not detected anymore.

#34 Zhest

Zhest

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 June 2015 - 12:09 AM

I finally just found this. Sadly then, it seems my new boards are broken. Not seeing anything under the Other Devices or Ports sections of the device manager while clearly in bootloader mode.

This was driving me nuts, I was so sure I was following everything to the letter. Glad I can finally put it to rest. 

#35 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 30 June 2015 - 02:26 AM

Hi Zhest,

If your boards are new and within the 30 days return window, please make sure you exchange them for new boards with your reseller. We don't get many returns--but when we do we like to analyze them and figure out what happened (for quality assurance).

Chris

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: usb, connect, error, deploy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.