Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

Installing Netduino drivers for STM32 F4 series(with STM32F407 MCU)

Best Answer NooM, 05 February 2013 - 04:00 AM

nope, netduino firmware doesent run on discovery board cos it has a different oscillator (you can solder a different one tho)

also netduino is the 64pin version of the chip, while the discovery is 100 pin iirc.

but there is hope: codeplex has a stm32f4 netmf site where you can get the firmware for the discovery board.

it actually works pretty well, except the spi ius bugged and doesent work correctly with to low frequenzy (2mhz+ is fine)

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Miller

Miller

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 03:50 AM

Dear Pals,

Last year I bought a Discovery kit for STM32 F4 series(with STM32F407 MCU). I wonder whether I could install Netduino drivers and framework in this board and start programming with C# for this? .

Thanks,

Here is the link of that board:

http://www.st.com/in...duct/252419.jsp

#2 NooM

NooM

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 490 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 05 February 2013 - 04:00 AM   Best Answer

nope, netduino firmware doesent run on discovery board cos it has a different oscillator (you can solder a different one tho)

also netduino is the 64pin version of the chip, while the discovery is 100 pin iirc.

but there is hope: codeplex has a stm32f4 netmf site where you can get the firmware for the discovery board.

it actually works pretty well, except the spi ius bugged and doesent work correctly with to low frequenzy (2mhz+ is fine)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.