Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

Netduino 1 and Wiznet with new setup

netduino wiznet visual studio 2012

Best Answer sir_alex, 25 January 2013 - 06:29 PM

Ok, with Visual Studio 2010 and the "old" ethernet shield it did not work either, with the r3 ethernet shield (which I thought was incompatible) it just works... so the fault was of the shield, not of the setup!

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 sir_alex

sir_alex

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationMilano, Italy

Posted 25 January 2013 - 04:50 PM

Hi all,

After a long time, I have restarted my experiments with Netduino, and looks like I have found some kind of problem.

I am running the current setup: Windows 7 + Visual Studio 2012 + Net MF 4.3 + Netduino 4.2.0.1 (sdk and firmware just installed/upgraded). The blink example works without problems, but if I use the Arduino Ethernet shield (not the r3, because I have a Netduino 1 and I think I cannot use the latest version, which I also have, because there is no ioref pin on the old Netduino, right?), Visual Studio is not able to reset the Netduino ("rebooting"), it just freezes there when I try to start debugging...

I saw another topic with the same rebooting problem, but in my case it happens only with that shield (even if not used, just mounted on top of the Netduino).

Ideas?

P.S.: if I have time, I will try with Visual Studio 2010 in the weekend...

#2 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 25 January 2013 - 05:22 PM

Hi sir_alex, If Visual Studio has troubles rebooting the board, here are two options for you: 1. Simply unplug and re-attach your Netduino to your PC using the USB cable. 2. Try changing the WinUSB drivers to the legacy MFUSB drivers instead. NETMF 4.2 added some great enhancements, but it requires a bit of work-around for the gen1 boards due to the new USB code. We designed the new gen2 Netduino boards with this in mind so they can provide you with the best experience...particularly Netduino Plus 2 with onboard networking. Chris

#3 sir_alex

sir_alex

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationMilano, Italy

Posted 25 January 2013 - 06:29 PM   Best Answer

Ok, with Visual Studio 2010 and the "old" ethernet shield it did not work either, with the r3 ethernet shield (which I thought was incompatible) it just works... so the fault was of the shield, not of the setup!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: netduino, wiznet, visual studio 2012

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.