Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

No "Netduino" under Device in VS2010

help noob

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 scotru

scotru

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 08:35 AM

Greetings,

I just got my first Netduino.  I followed the directions in the getting started guide, but got stuck when the "netduino" does not appear in the .NET micro framework tab of the project settings after I select USB for transport.  

My system in Windows 7 64 bit.  I have VS2008, VS2010, and VS2012 professional editions installed.  I'm using the VS2010 edition with my original Netduino and I installed the 4.1 SDK.  The Netduino does appear under USB devices in my device manager and looks to be working fine.  I've tried several different USB ports.  The power light does come on in my Netduino.  I appreciate any help.

Thanks!

--Rudy

#2 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 03 January 2013 - 08:38 AM

Hi scotru,

Please try running MFDeploy (Start > Programs > .NET Micro Framework 4.1 SDK > Tools > MFDeploy.exe).  Select your device (under the USB transport) and then select "Device Capabilities" from the Device/Target menu.

What version of firmware does it say that your board is running?

Welcome to the Netduino community,

Chris

#3 scotru

scotru

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 08:08 AM

Hey Chris,

Thanks for your quick reply.  I'm afraid I've got the same problem with MFDeploy.  When I choose the USB transport, there is nothing listed in the combobox.  If I type "Netduino" in the box, and then try anything it tells me it's an "Invalid device". :-(

--Rudy

#4 scotru

scotru

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 07:38 PM

Any other ideas?  Do I have a bad device?

#5 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 13 January 2013 - 09:17 PM

Hi Rudy,

Is there any chance that your device is running .NET Micro Framework 4.2 (which uses the new WinUSB drivers by default)?

If so, that will cause it to show up in Device Manager...but not appear in MFDeploy from .NET MF 4.2 QFE1 or earlier.

Try erasing and re-flashing your Netduino according to these instructions...
http://forums.netdui...-v410-update-6/

Chris

#6 conger

conger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 08:54 PM

I'm also having trouble.

I just update my fw to 4.2.0.1

I see the NetDuino in MFDeploy, but not in the VS2010 project settings popup.

any suggestions?

thanks,

--Eric

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: help, noob

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.