Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

Netduino Plus availability

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 01 December 2010 - 02:41 AM

First, the best news: all customers who pre-ordered Netduino Plus(es) before today should receive them by the holidays. 100% of pre-orders are being shipped to resellers this week, along with some extra units.

If you did not pre-order a Netduino Plus, there will be more available in the next few weeks. Supplies will be limited for a month or two, but more units will be shipping every week or so.

A note on "public beta" vs. launch Netduino Plus hardware:
  • The launch units and the "public beta" units are identical.
  • We have been able to increase the available code space (flash) on the Netduino Plus from 48KB to 64KB.
  • All launch units ship with 64KB available for code.
  • All "public beta" units can be upgraded to take advantage of this extra space. This requires a full erasing and re-flashing of the Netduino Plus (using the ERASE pad, SAM-BA, and MFDeploy) and possibly a Windows XP/Vista PC. We'll be happy to walk community members through this procedure here on the forums.
I have felt a bit guilty playing with my Netduino Plus these last two months while so many in the community have been waiting patiently for the November 30th launch. It has been a lot of fun, and I'm really looking forward to seeing what you all build.

Thank you for your enthusiasm and support,

Chris
Secret Labs LLC

#2 crawf

crawf

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 05:46 AM

Awesome news! I've been waiting patiently for November 30 to come around. Can't wait to get my Netduino Plus! :)

#3 neonsonicboy

neonsonicboy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationStaffs, UK

Posted 01 December 2010 - 03:04 PM

Kinda wish I'd bought a Plus now :P I have found a VGA switch, some components and some wire though...
neonsonicboy - betaarchive.co.uk VIP member - Netduino owner ;)
Posted Image
Follow me on Twitter! | Find me in irc.aurora-irc.eu #aniboshi [often but not always] | Also known as ntkrpamp on IRC channels | I don't post here much but I visit often.

#4 spur

spur

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 06:03 PM

Now I wish I had preordered, but I was waiting for Amazon to get them because I have Prime. Any idea when Amazon will have them in stock? I can't wait to get one :)

#5 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 01 December 2010 - 06:11 PM

Now I wish I had preordered, but I was waiting for Amazon to get them because I have Prime. Any idea when Amazon will have them in stock? I can't wait to get one :)

[I'd highly recommend purchasing from one of the other US-based vendors. Netduino Plus inventory at Amazon is looking pretty thin until January.]

Chris

#6 JonnyBoats

JonnyBoats

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
  • LocationPhillips, ME

Posted 01 December 2010 - 07:06 PM

Just yesterday (Nov. 30, 2010)customer service at SparkFun emailed me that they had not heard of the Netduino Plus. This seems rather strange and I would like to know if they will be getting some or if I should find another vendor.

#7 spur

spur

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 08:24 PM

[I'd highly recommend purchasing from one of the other US-based vendors. Netduino Plus inventory at Amazon is looking pretty thin until January.]

Chris

It seems that Proto Advantage is no longer taking orders? The havey a message about backordered units being available Dec 3rd, but it wont let me checkout. It just takes me back to the cart with this message: "Products marked with No Stock dont exist in desired quantity in our stock. Please alter the quantity of products marked with (No Stock), Thank you"

Wish I had know that I HAD to preorder one in order to actually get it... Been waiting since right after missing out on the beta hardware.

:(

#8 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 01 December 2010 - 08:26 PM

JonnyBoats, spur: MakerShed should also have some units available by early next week. They may go quickly, and we'll continue shipping more units to resellers throughout December. Chris

#9 ClosedEyesSeeing

ClosedEyesSeeing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 01 December 2010 - 08:52 PM

I was able to get a backorder from UAM Czech Repulic. I can't wait. :)

#10 molly

molly

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 12:45 AM

JonnyBoats, spur:

MakerShed should also have some units available by early next week. They may go quickly, and we'll continue shipping more units to resellers throughout December.

Chris

any word when this will be available on MakerShed? I've been watching and saw they now have the netduino mini, but no plus

#11 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 07 December 2010 - 01:04 AM

any word when this will be available on MakerShed? I've been watching and saw they now have the netduino mini, but no plus

They just received them today, so I would guess that they're checking them in now (or will be doing so within a day or two). Unless they have some sort of schedule for bringing a bunch of new products online at once...

Thanks for your enthusiasm,

Chris

#12 molly

molly

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 04:22 PM

They just received them today, so I would guess that they're checking them in now (or will be doing so within a day or two). Unless they have some sort of schedule for bringing a bunch of new products online at once...

Thanks for your enthusiasm,

Chris

Anyone else that will have them available before Christmas? I just called Makershed and they are saying due to some production issue it'll probably be the first of the year before they have them available for purchase. I thought it was weird, but thats what I was told. Thanks!

#13 spur

spur

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 05:57 PM

Anyone else that will have them available before Christmas? I just called Makershed and they are saying due to some production issue it'll probably be the first of the year before they have them available for purchase. I thought it was weird, but thats what I was told. Thanks!

That's the info I got from them as well :(

"Thank you for contacting Maker Shed. The Netduino Plus is expected to be available for sale around the first of the year."

#14 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 07 December 2010 - 09:32 PM

Wow, did they run out that quickly? Chris

#15 molly

molly

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 09:54 PM

Wow, did they run out that quickly?

Chris

As far as I can tell they haven't been for sale yet. I've been watching since Monday morning and haven't seen them posted available yet. The lady I talked to just said that due to a production issue they wouldn't have them available for purchase til the first of the year.

#16 molly

molly

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 11:28 PM

Makershed is saying they won't be available til the start of the year and you can't find them in the inventory, but my husband the computer programmer was looking around and by changing the inventory in the url was able to find them and they became available in that url today. We're hoping they'll ship and it'll all work fine. If anyone else wants to try, the url is https://www.makershe...ductCode=MKND02 My husband ordered 2 today. Hopefully they'll actually ship and we'll have it before Christmas!

#17 spur

spur

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 11:49 PM

Makershed is saying they won't be available til the start of the year and you can't find them in the inventory, but my husband the computer programmer was looking around and by changing the inventory in the url was able to find them and they became available in that url today. We're hoping they'll ship and it'll all work fine. If anyone else wants to try, the url is https://www.makershe...ductCode=MKND02 My husband ordered 2 today. Hopefully they'll actually ship and we'll have it before Christmas!

Clever :D

I'll give it a shot. Thanks!

#18 molly

molly

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 12:02 AM

Clever :D

I'll give it a shot. Thanks!

So far it's working. We got the confirmation email and the account says we can't change it because it's in the final stages of processing. Hopefully it'll still work for you and show them as available.

#19 spur

spur

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 12:05 AM

So far it's working. We got the confirmation email and the account says we can't change it because it's in the final stages of processing. Hopefully it'll still work for you and show them as available.

Mine too, hope they actually ship :)

"This order has already shipped or has reached the final stages of processing. Therefore this order is no longer editable."

#20 Charles

Charles

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 12:08 AM

Somewhat unrelated question.... Given that the N+ and the Mini are now officially released, I thought links would appear on your web site. However, when I go to www.netduino.com and click Hardware, only the regular Netduino shows up. To the info on the N+ or Mini I have to actually know and type in the URL. Will this be changed soon? I'm spreading the word to friends and colleagues but it's annoying to have to tell them "but that's not all... Here are two more URL's" over the phone.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.