Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

Plus 2 Pins compatiability different or defective board?

Best Answer Bendage, 27 December 2012 - 09:15 PM

Well,

Dave VanderWekke answered this on another post. Need to use the Hardware.Netduino instead of Hardware.NetduinoPlus.

It is called a PLUS 2 ya know. Thats what I get for assuming. Be nice to have read this in the Plus 2 intro post. But at least my problem is solved.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Bendage

Bendage

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts
  • LocationIrvine, CA

Posted 27 December 2012 - 08:22 PM

Kind of feeling like a newb here. Just hooked up my Plus 2 today.

Running MF 4.2 (QFE2), SDK 4.2.1, and board shows 4.2.1.2 under MFDeploy.

Simple On board LED blink test shows no blinking light. First thought was it was burnt out. But it lights up on reset. So i used a diff pin... D5 D6 D7... no blink. Scratching my head here, checked the code against a Plus board... no probs. Hooked up a multimeter to tested pins and no juice.

Tested the 3.3v pin and that shows juice.

So before I deduct that I have a defective board, one question...

The project setup and (standard) pin assignment is a straight shot from a regular plus project right? I mean the app gets deployed... so what gives?

Rocket Science code below...

using System;using System.Net;using System.Net.Sockets;using System.Threading;using Microsoft.SPOT;using Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware;using SecretLabs.NETMF.Hardware;using SecretLabs.NETMF.Hardware.NetduinoPlus;namespace NetduinoPlusApplication1{    public class Program    {        public static void Main()        {            // write your code here            OutputPort led = new OutputPort(Pins.GPIO_PIN_D5, true);            while (true)            {                led.Write(true);                Thread.Sleep(1000);                led.Write(false);                Thread.Sleep(1000);            }        }    }}

#2 Bendage

Bendage

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts
  • LocationIrvine, CA

Posted 27 December 2012 - 09:15 PM   Best Answer

Well,

Dave VanderWekke answered this on another post. Need to use the Hardware.Netduino instead of Hardware.NetduinoPlus.

It is called a PLUS 2 ya know. Thats what I get for assuming. Be nice to have read this in the Plus 2 intro post. But at least my problem is solved.

#3 Gutworks

Gutworks

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 363 posts
  • LocationOttawa, Ontario

Posted 27 December 2012 - 10:27 PM

I was just about to point out the change. But then noticed that you has already found the issue. Hey, now you can select your answer as the best solution!! Gotta love the new forum features! :)

#4 Bendage

Bendage

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts
  • LocationIrvine, CA

Posted 27 December 2012 - 11:03 PM

LOL! Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.