Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

Graphical User Interface

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 reloadnao555

reloadnao555

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 01:08 AM

Hi everyone! I'm very good with visual basic with visual studio, but this is my first time using the micro framework. I would like to start off simple with things such as just adding a button to a form. Could anyone point me in the right direction? It's not like visual studio where I just drag buttons to a form. I don't even see a form in micro framework! :( I'm using Visual Studio 2010 Ultimate with the latest version of micro. THanks!

#2 Stefan

Stefan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1965 posts
  • LocationBreda, the Netherlands

Posted 17 December 2012 - 06:16 AM

Hi reloadnao555 and welcome to the Netduino community! Where do you want the form to be displayed? Do you have a display attached to your Netduino?
"Fact that I'm a moderator doesn't make me an expert in things." Stefan, the eternal newb!
My .NETMF projects: .NETMF Toolbox / Gadgeteer Light / Some PCB designs

#3 reloadnao555

reloadnao555

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 06:40 AM

Yes, I do have a display on my netduino, so I'm trying to design the display UI on the emulator. Please remember that I'm using Visual Basic.

#4 reloadnao555

reloadnao555

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 08:14 AM

Ok, one more question. Is .net micro framework the only option to use visual studio to connect with my micro controller? I'm hoping the answer is yes, because I'm completely at home with visual studio and vb.net.

#5 JerseyTechGuy

JerseyTechGuy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 870 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 11:34 AM

Yes, I do have a display on my netduino, so I'm trying to design the display UI on the emulator. Please remember that I'm using Visual Basic.

This is not how it works. This is not like Windows or Web Form Development. It depends on the type of display you are using. Usually form elements are created via code or drawn depending on the type of display being used.

Much more information would be needed about your hardware setup to point you in any direction.

#6 JerseyTechGuy

JerseyTechGuy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 870 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 11:36 AM

Ok, one more question. Is .net micro framework the only option to use visual studio to connect with my micro controller? I'm hoping the answer is yes, because I'm completely at home with visual studio and vb.net.

Not sure exactly what you mean by this. Visual Studio is used to develop the code then deploy the assemblies to the Netduino. You can also run in debug mode in Visual Studio and step through the code while attached to the Netduino.

#7 reloadnao555

reloadnao555

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 09:38 PM

OK, thanks! I got everything working the way I wanted. This is a very fun gadget. :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.