Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

Unable to deploy using VS

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Mercer

Mercer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 07:34 PM

I have successfully been able to write programs and download to my N2+, but after a program has been deployed, I am unable to debug again. Running MFDeploy I cannot ping the device. If I erase the device and reload the firmware, I can build and deploy another project, but I find myself in the same state again. It appears as if the N2+ is busy running the program I have previously downloaded. Also, when building the project in VS, if I remove the USB cable, my machine will blue screen and reboot. Any ideas what I am missing?

#2 Lunddahl

Lunddahl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts
  • LocationEurope, Denmark

Posted 08 December 2012 - 09:19 PM

Any ideas what I am missing?

If you create a new solution and deploy this simple program, it it still a problem ?

using System.Threading;
using Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware;
using SecretLabs.NETMF.Hardware.Netduino;

namespace NP2.Blink
{
    public class Program
    {
        static OutputPort led;

public static void Main()
        {
            led = new OutputPort(Pins.ONBOARD_LED, false);

while (true)
            {
                led.Write(!led.Read());
                Thread.Sleep(100);
            }
        }
    }
}

- Ulrik Lunddahl

#3 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 09 December 2012 - 03:32 PM

Hi Mercer, What is your app doing? Any chance that it's locking out the USB pins? Ulrik's recommendation is a good one. Please try the blinky app, and see if the same issue occurs. If it does then we can diagnose it as a USB-driver-related issue. If it works fine then we can isolate the code/feature which is locking out the debugger. Chris

#4 Mercer

Mercer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 05:49 PM

Thanks for the reply. I spent a lot more time with this yesterday and narrowed the issue down to the project I am trying to deploy. I am trying to deploy the web server written by neonmika, and am upgrading the project from 4.1 to 4.2 on the N2+. Once I deploy, the device is locked. See the following thread. http://forums.netdui...__80#entry41239 I am not sure what else to check. The project builds okay, but will not successfully deploy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.