Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

Hello from Argentina

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Melvyn

Melvyn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationBuenos Aires, Argentina

Posted 25 November 2010 - 08:41 PM

Hello to all Community! My name is Javier, I'm from Buenos Aires, Argentina. In yesterday I received my Netduino. My knowledge of electronics are very basic, almost non-existent. But I like to learn and spend my day reading and researching. I decided to buy Netduino because I use C#, I have several production projects with the language and I think the perfect combination of software and hardware. I can run all the sample projects with one or another modification adapted to my way without any problems. The only problem I encountered is with. NETMF. I never used and I find many missing. For example if I have a project .Net Framework that acquires data and want to use to send to netduino, I can't do it. I really don't want to rewrite the code to adapt to .NETMF, someone could fix this? Sorry for my english, I have translated in google. ;)
Traslated by Google

#2 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 25 November 2010 - 11:44 PM

Hi Melvyn, Bienvenido a la comunidad Netduino. To fit on tiny microcontrollers like Netduino, .NET Micro Framework is a subset of the full desktop .NET Framework. Most of the functionality is still there but functions have fewer courtesy overloads, etc. Quite a bit of desktop .NET code can run on Netduino, but the best way to write code that will run on both is to write it on .NET Micro Framework first. This is similar to writing code with .NET Compact Framework to be shared with the desktop. If you have any specific questions, please feel free to post them here. Chris

#3 Melvyn

Melvyn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 05:33 PM

Hi Chris, Thanks for the welcome in Spanish ;) Basically, my problem or confusion are the classes that aren't available in .NETMF for example: System.Media System.Net System.Net.Sockets BitConverter StringBuilder I've seen on this forum that they add classes with the corresponding namespace ... For now my unknowns are the .NETMF basically. Am I clear?. Sorry for my "brutish" english.
Traslated by Google

#4 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 26 November 2010 - 05:57 PM

You won't find StringBuilder and System.Media in .NET Micro Framework (although we posted a StringBuilder implementation in the Project Showcase). To use System.Net and System.Net.Sockets: 1. On Netduino and Netduino Mini, you can use a Wiznet shield/module and our experimental Wiznet drivers. 2. On Netduino Plus, add the System.dll assembly or use the Netduino Plus project template. This will give you sockets capabilities. Does this help? Chris

#5 MIG400

MIG400

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 05:04 AM

Hola Javier, soy de Córdoba, quería consultarte como lo pudiste comprar?, que pasos seguiste mas o menos?. No entontré nadie que lo importe en Argentina. Te agradezco si podés orientarme un poco. Este producto esta muy bueno, lo vi y me enamoré. Hace unos meses compré un programador de pics y algo estuve haciendo, pero la mayor interface que le puedo llegar a poner es una RS232 o 485, para Ethernet tendría que irme a pics mayores, con otro programador, otro precio y mucho mas conocimiento, que realmente no tengo y se me complica un poco la electrónica, la verdad. Muchas gracias, un abrazo.

#6 Melvyn

Melvyn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 01:16 PM

Hello, I answer in Spanish and English to respect the language of the forum.

I purchased the product in http://www.olimex.cl/ you can ask to send it (you'll leave quite expensive) In my case it so happened that a friend was in Chile and brought it to me.

It is very good product, much still did not do for lack of time, but it is very easy to use and program.

Greetings

PD: I'm from Buenos Aires, Capital Federal

Translated by Google
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hola, te contesto en inglés y español para respetar el lenguaje del foro.

El producto lo compré en http://www.olimex.cl/ podés pedir que te lo envíen (te va a salir bastante caro) En mi caso se dio la casualidad de que un amigo estaba en Chile y me lo trajo.

Es muy buen producto, mucho todavía no hice por falta de tiempo, pero es muy fácil de usar y programar.

Saludos

PD: Soy de Buenos Aires, Capital Federal

Hola Javier, soy de Córdoba, quería consultarte como lo pudiste comprar?, que pasos seguiste mas o menos?. No entontré nadie que lo importe en Argentina. Te agradezco si podés orientarme un poco.

Este producto esta muy bueno, lo vi y me enamoré. Hace unos meses compré un programador de pics y algo estuve haciendo, pero la mayor interface que le puedo llegar a poner es una RS232 o 485, para Ethernet tendría que irme a pics mayores, con otro programador, otro precio y mucho mas conocimiento, que realmente no tengo y se me complica un poco la electrónica, la verdad.

Muchas gracias, un abrazo.

Traslated by Google

#7 segu

segu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts
  • LocationLima - Peru

Posted 01 December 2010 - 05:17 AM

@MIG400 Disculpa la irrupcion, pero yo consegui el mio de Proto Advantage en Canada y tomo 10 dias y seis dolares de correo. Vivo en Lima, Peru http://www.proto-adv....php?cPath=2100 Segu :) FREE "TRANSLATION" It is weird for me to talk in english to someone who talks my language. But due respect to all in the forum. I am telling him how I obtained the Netduino and I am open to opinions on how to proceed in these cases. :) :) :)

#8 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 01 December 2010 - 05:19 AM

Thank you all for translating to English. Gracias a todos por la traducción al Inglés :) Chris

#9 MIG400

MIG400

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 December 2010 - 09:41 PM

Hello and thanks all you for answer, with this information I will choose between these options, at http://www.proto-advantage.com there is out of stock, but coming in at 1st January. I'm looking for Netduino Plus and I think there isn't at http://www.olimex.cl but I didn't ask by email yet, I just found no plus model. Greetings. ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hola y gracias a todos por contestar, con esta información voy a elegir entre estas opciones, en http://www.proto-advantage.com están sin stock, pero reciben el primero de enero. Estoy buscando el Netduino Plus y creo que no hay en http://www.olimex.cl pero no pregunte por email todavía, solo encuentro el simple. Saludos.

#10 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 12 December 2010 - 09:45 PM

MIG400, More Netduino Pluses will be shipped to resellers later this month. They are in stock in the UK, and Amazon.com will have some "used - very good" units available tomorrow. Chris

#11 fran

fran

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationMendoza - Argentina

Posted 02 July 2012 - 04:03 PM

Hi everyone! This is an old Forum but I want to update the way to get a Netduino in Argentina. I bought a NetDuino Plus from http://www.openhacks.com/index.php, they can deliver products to any province in Argentina. I hope this information be helpful! cheers!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.