Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

Netduino Go Ethernet

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 Westies

Westies

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 28 December 2012 - 11:27 AM

Thanks Arron.

That's made me explore a little more and I'm going to look at getting the Netduino Plus 2 in the new year and see how I get on.  I'll still be interested in what happens with the Ehternet for the Go!

#22 pdii

pdii

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 08:28 PM

SXMgdGhlcmUgYW55dGhpbmcgdGhhdCB0aGUgY29tbXVuaXR5IGNhbiBkbyB0byBoZWxwIHdpdGggdGhlIHJlbGVhc2Ugb2YgdGhlIEV0aGVybmV0IE1vZHVsZT8gIElmIHdlIGtuZXcgYSBmZXcgZGV0YWlscyBvbiB3aGF0IHdvcmsgaXMgbGVmdCBtYXliZSB3ZSBjb3VsZCBoZWxwIG91dD8NCg0KSSdtIHN1cmUgbm90IHBvc3RpbmcgcXVlc3Rpb25zIGluIEJhc2U2NCBtaWdodCBiZSBhIGdvb2Qgc3RhcnQuIDspDQoNCkknbSBqdXN0IGxvb2tpbmcgZm9yd2FyZCB0byBzZWVpbmcgcG9zdHMgaW4gQmFzZTY0IHJlZ2FyZGluZyB0aGUgRXRoZXJuZXQgTW9kdWxlLg==

#23 CW2

CW2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1592 posts
  • LocationCzech Republic

Posted 13 January 2013 - 08:34 PM

Oh no, base64decode.org owner is back  :ph34r:

#24 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 13 January 2013 - 09:10 PM

BASE64 is back. What did we start?!? :) pdii--we took some time off of getting the Ethernet module wrapped up to get the new Netduino hardware out and the firmware updated to 4.2.2. For Netduino, we're back to working full-time on GoBus modules again this week...so we'll have more news there soon. Chris

#25 Humancell

Humancell

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts
  • LocationUtah

Posted 03 April 2013 - 09:04 PM

Chris,

Can you give us an update on this?  A coupl eof month shave passed, and I've got to make a choice on a commercial hardware product.  If Ethernet is not shipping then the Go is off the table ...

Thoughts?

BASE64 is back. What did we start?!? :) pdii--we took some time off of getting the Ethernet module wrapped up to get the new Netduino hardware out and the firmware updated to 4.2.2. For Netduino, we're back to working full-time on GoBus modules again this week...so we'll have more news there soon. Chris

#26 fradav

fradav

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 12:45 PM

Could I suggest to all people "eagerly" awaiting module X or Y release to carefully read chris's answer about the timeline there :http://forums.netdui...the-go/?p=47809

In short, original protocol design from gobus 1.0 snowballed in a much more ambitious 1.5, even 2.0, packed with a load of features. The main side-effect (and it was understanbly an inpredictable one) is that it stretched the timeline from the "the soon-to-be-released next month" to the "next-year" scale (notwithstanding the temporary focus shift to Netduino 2 boards).

So, there is no point in asking for ETA or lamenting delays. Let's Secret Labs handle this themselves (and who do you think is the most negatively impacted by this postponing business ?)

Regards,

• CW2 likes this

#27 beastyboy

beastyboy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 04 April 2013 - 06:31 PM

Hi Chris,

Maybe it is wise to remove the "soon" message from the hardware page stating that the Go will get Ethernet soon.

This is the first place people look when buying hardware and yes that "soon" really gives a wrong impression of delivery dates.

I only login here a few weeks months to see the progress and maybe there should be a better time line  for all to see where and what is done.

Like a real Jira board :lol: or facebook timeline page showing where development heads toward.

Don't get me wrong I love the Netduino Go and I CAN wait much longer just liked to be more informed without having to keep scrolling thru the  forums.

Thanks Chris and community for the loads of work you are doing,

Fradav you are a new member and you really don't know how eager we are :lol:

Van SchOten Ict Diensten en Services
http://www.voids.nl

#28 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 05 April 2013 - 03:19 AM

Hi Humancell, To confirm fradav's post... The Ethernet modules are currently waiting on a dependency GoBus 1.5 for STM32 firmware. If you're creating a commercial product now, I always recommend basing it on currently-released hardware and software. I don't want to steer you down the wrong path. Chris

#29 fradav

fradav

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 06:54 AM

Fradav you are a new member and you really don't know how eager we are :lol:

You're taking forum member subscription date a llittle too seriously for such a deduction. I've played with a netduino plus since two years, and I got a NGo + SB since their avalaibility. I didn't have anything to say in netduino's forums, until now. I can easily imagine how "eager" are people, as I awaited myself the completion of the platform. Recently I got three ongoing netmf based projects (interactive artistry) and I hoped to use NGo ecosystem. But I accepted that it wouldn't be ready in my timeline so I found myself buying a lot of gadgeteer stuff with GHI's cerberus mainboards (they got exactly the same cpu than NP2 and NGo). Of course, it is still a long shot from the Gobus virtualized IO and its neat features; but it is as close I could find to the Ngo ecosystem. I take comfort in the fact most of the modules I bought will be compatible with the gadgeteer-go bridge. I would gladly switch to Ngo for real if it matures enough for my future projects. Regards, -- PS : my opinion about GHI's stuff ? They're good and support is awesome. BUT, there is a but, I find that their "low priced" (cerberus and cerb-family) mainboards are a little neglected from a software quality point of view, implicitly encouraging their customers to switch to their much priced/speced options, something I do not appreciate at all.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.