Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

Netduino driven Christmas tree

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Stefan

Stefan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1965 posts
  • LocationBreda, the Netherlands

Posted 04 December 2012 - 07:59 PM

Okay so I wanted to do something with my tree this year. And I had 100 RGB LEDs on 4 strands. This is the result of my project: Hope you'll like it! Code can be downloaded here: http://stefan.co/ind...1 RGB Strip.zip More info can be found here: http://stefan.co/blo...christmas-tree/
"Fact that I'm a moderator doesn't make me an expert in things." Stefan, the eternal newb!
My .NETMF projects: .NETMF Toolbox / Gadgeteer Light / Some PCB designs

#2 patduino

patduino

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationIndiana, USA

Posted 04 December 2012 - 08:24 PM

Very nice, Stefan! I can't easily view the code. You said that you've got 4 strands, but it looks like you are individually addressing some of the bulbs. How did you control them? Pat.
There are 10 types of people in the world... Those that can understand binary and those who can't.

#3 Stefan

Stefan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1965 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 08:29 PM

Very nice, Stefan!
I can't easily view the code. You said that you've got 4 strands, but it looks like you are individually addressing some of the bulbs. How did you control them?
Pat.

That's the cool part. It's 100 RGB LEDs in total. So 300 PWM-able values. Each LED is connected to a chip (WS2801) that can drive three 8 bit brightness values. Those chips are daisychained in 4 strands of 25 RGB LEDs.

To add to that, codewise, I used this class:
http://netmftoolbox....are.RgbLedStrip
"Fact that I'm a moderator doesn't make me an expert in things." Stefan, the eternal newb!

#4 ziggurat29

ziggurat29

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 08:47 PM

Snazz-y! I like the 4-voice pwm synth, too! (haha).

#5 carb

carb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 352 posts
  • LocationCrystal River, Florida

Posted 04 December 2012 - 09:29 PM

Stefan, I am voting for you as head Elf. Merry Christmas.

#6 JerseyTechGuy

JerseyTechGuy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 870 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 09:42 PM

Very cool Stefan. Last year I had 30 full strands outside controlled by SSRs but yours is much cooler B). You can do some nice effects with it.

#7 Lunddahl

Lunddahl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts
  • LocationEurope, Denmark

Posted 04 December 2012 - 11:34 PM

Nice Stefan, is there a little Holdman in you..:-) - Ulrik Lunddahl

#8 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 05 December 2012 - 01:30 AM

Awesome, Stefan! You may now have the most awesome Christmas tree in your neighborhood. Add in the iPad color wheel control and animation selections...and this gets even cooler. It's just too bad that it probably has to come down after the holidays :( Chris

#9 Stefan

Stefan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1965 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 12:29 PM

Nice Stefan, is there a little Holdman in you..:-)

If I only had the resources for that :)
I'm sure something like that will be possible with a netduino and the proper equipment, but I don't think my wife would like me to spend money on that!

#10 Gutworks

Gutworks

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 363 posts
  • LocationOttawa, Ontario

Posted 05 December 2012 - 03:16 PM

Stefan, I am voting for you as head Elf.

Merry Christmas.

This is an actual animation of when I first saw Stefan's Christmas tree project:

Attached File  buddy-the-elf-excited_o_GIFSoup.com.gif   941.92KB   19 downloads

"Now, before we learn how to build the latest in extreme graphic chipset processors, let's recite the code of the elves, shall we? " - Stefan The Elf Teacher

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.