Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

Digital I/O on Netduino Mini

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Dave K

Dave K

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 10:44 PM

Hey Guys, I'm very new to the Netduino products and just got my hands on a Mini. I'm trying to duplicate the blinking light project on the Mini (just to get my feet wet) and I seem to be running into some trouble. As the Mini doesn't have an explicitly labeled D0 pin how do I set one of the output pins to 3.3V, and then back to 0 again? The spec sheet talks about being able to use the PIO to set pins (say PWM0) as general-purpose I/O instead of being allocated to the embedded-peripherial ... I'm guessing there's an easier solution? Thanks! Dave

#2 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 14 November 2010 - 11:38 PM

Hi Dave, Wow. The Netduino Mini's launch isn't for 6 more days so the SDK is not posted yet. Perhaps we need to post parts of it early :) Let me see what I can do... The Netduino Mini has a different DLL which gives you access to the Mini's pins. You can also write '(Cpu.Pin)59' to refer to pin AD0 (pin 5, fifth down on the left side). Just curious: did you pre-order your Netduino Mini? Where did you get it from? Chris

#3 Omar (OZ)

Omar (OZ)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 564 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 12:12 AM

Wow. The Netduino Mini's launch isn't for 6 more days so the SDK is not posted yet.

Chris

I was already wondering how to program it seeing as the pins are different, do you think it will be posted by next weekend?

#4 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 15 November 2010 - 12:17 AM

The SDK is scheduled for posting this coming week (in time for the official launch), but I have all the files on my computer. I could post the NetduinoMini's HardwareProvider and quick instructions on how to build an app... I'll also see if we can get the SDK update posted early. Chris

#5 Dave K

Dave K

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 01:11 AM

The Netduino Mini has a different DLL which gives you access to the Mini's pins. You can also write '(Cpu.Pin)59' to refer to pin AD0 (pin 5, fifth down on the left side).

Just curious: did you pre-order your Netduino Mini? Where did you get it from?

Chris

Hi Chris,

I preordered from www.proto-advantage.com and just received it on Friday. I look forward to the SDK and the chance to play around with the Mini...

Cheers!

Dave

#6 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 15 November 2010 - 03:15 AM

Hi Dave, Okay, superb. Wow, that's some fast shipping. I'll see what we can do to get the SDK up a few days early...if we can't, I'll post some manual instructions here within a day or three so that you can get up and running early. Thanks for your enthusiasm! Chris

#7 peterfjorgensen

peterfjorgensen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 15 November 2010 - 02:27 PM

Hi Chris, I also ordered a "mini" yesterday, and I have just received a notice that it has been shipped today (from SK Pang in UK). Looking forward to play with that. Peter microframework.dk

#8 phantomtypist

phantomtypist

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 15 November 2010 - 04:06 PM

Mine just came this morning. Can't wait for the new SDK!

#9 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 15 November 2010 - 04:58 PM

How awesome that some of you got your Netduino Minis up to a week before launch... Thanks for supporting the resellers and pre-ordering! While we prepare the new SDK for upload, here are some pre-release instructions to get you up and running with your Netduino Mini: http://forums.netdui...ore-launch-day/ Chris

#10 Dave K

Dave K

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 02:31 PM

Okay, superb. Wow, that's some fast shipping.

Chris

Yes, it seems everything I order from Proto-Advantage gets here really quick...I'm sure not complaining :)

The Pre-Release dll has my Netdunio Mini up and running! Now I just need to get the analog side of my project finished...

Cheers!

Dave

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.