Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

Possible Netduino Mini Shield/Dev Board, Vote!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Poll: Netduino Mini Shield/Dev Board. (10 member(s) have cast votes)

Would you buy this?

1. Yes (4 votes [40.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 40.00%

2. No (4 votes [40.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 40.00%

3. That is pointless/useless (1 votes [10.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 10.00%

4. For how much? (Write in reply) (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

5. Maybe (1 votes [10.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 10.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Omar (OZ)

Omar (OZ)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 564 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 01:32 AM

I want to make this netduino mini shield/ development board. So I am wondering if there is an interest for such a shield. Here it is: What is does: Adds female headers on the side to allow use of male-male breadboard wires. Adds 3.3V and another Ground. It has two on one PCB (For easy switching between projects, or if you have two minis, or you can cut to use separately) (look at pictures) If I can fit it on, I'll add a regular usb connection so you can program it like a regular netduino. I am not sure how that would work yet, I'm just exploring options here. Feel free to make suggestions. I won't make this shield expensive at all, I haven't ran any numbers but I would make as cheap as I can. Please vote and tell me what you think!

Attached Files

#2 CwbhX

CwbhX

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 11 November 2010 - 02:22 AM

I think it is a great idea! You can have it small on one project, and then bigger if you need to on another! -Cwbh
-Cwbh

#3 hari

hari

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 02:36 AM

I want to make this netduino mini shield/ development board. So I am wondering if there is an interest for such a shield. Here it is:

What is does:
Adds female headers on the side to allow use of male-male breadboard wires.
Adds 3.3V and another Ground.
It has two on one PCB (For easy switching between projects, or if you have two minis, or you can cut to use separately) (look at pictures)

If I can fit it on, I'll add a regular usb connection so you can program it like a regular netduino. I am not sure how that would work yet, I'm just exploring options here.

Feel free to make suggestions. I won't make this shield expensive at all, I haven't ran any numbers but I would make as cheap as I can. Please vote and tell me what you think!

Oz, that is a cute board.
However, I voted no because one of the benefits of the Mini is that you can directly plug it into a breadboard. Adding a 3.3V power is trivial to wire up on that same breadboard.
If/when I want a more permanent board, I would design my own board specifically for that project to achieve the smallest possible footprint -- which is the advantage of the Mini.

#4 Omar (OZ)

Omar (OZ)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 564 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 03:00 AM

Oz, that is a cute board.
However, I voted no because one of the benefits of the Mini is that you can directly plug it into a breadboard. Adding a 3.3V power is trivial to wire up on that same breadboard.
If/when I want a more permanent board, I would design my own board specifically for that project to achieve the smallest possible footprint -- which is the advantage of the Mini.

Thanks for the feedback and vote!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.