Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

Christmas Lights

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 Thomas Mason

Thomas Mason

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 04:06 AM

I am also working on the same project. Do you have any of the code available (i.e. NetDuino or Brian's code w/o references to the phidget relay). I am looking to create the sequence files on my PC with Brian's code, but store and execute them on the NetDuino.

Yes I have some code ... It is not pretty because I have been doing a lot of debugging with it, but it is functional and may help you to get an idea. I dont store the sequences on the nutduino but rather I use basically brians code except I sned to serial rather than phidgets. On the other end is an app the runs on the Netduino that takes the serial input and turns on the respective relay.

I have attached my project directory. FYI there is a lot of junk in here but mainly the sequencer app is in the root and the netduino side is in the netduino directory. You are welcome to any of the code here, just remember as I said it may not be pretty

Attached Files

#22 Thomas Mason

Thomas Mason

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 04:41 AM

Yes, I think you should be able to power the Netuino from the relay board. Not sure why it would not be working.
Can you draw what you have?

well the thing is I am not trying to power the netduino but rather the netduino is sending the power, but it is not however connecting the ground. I am ataching an image of what I have but for the life of me i dont know how this even works as essentially the netduino is grounding to a completely different system. At any rate if I try to connect the power from the ralay board to power even just the 595 circuit then nothing works.

As I said this does work but I dont know how, or for how long.Attached File  diagram.pdf   740.53KB   9 downloads

#23 Paul Newton

Paul Newton

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 724 posts
  • LocationBerkshire, UK

Posted 24 November 2012 - 08:20 AM

Hi Thomas, You need to have a ground conection between the Netduino and the breadboard - this is missing on the diagram you posted. Without the ground, the 74HC595 will not be powered corectly. Current from Vcc will be returning via the I/O pins. Paul

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.