Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

Nwazet SD Card

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 theTroll

theTroll

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 02:56 AM

I just got the Nwazet Pro Kit today and started playing around with the various parts of it and ran into a problem. When I am trying to call sd.Initialize(GoSockets.Socket5, "SD") it stops, doesn't throw an exception and just sits there. I have verified the DAO is on Socket5. Any suggestions?

#2 Fabien Royer

Fabien Royer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 406 posts
  • LocationRedmond, WA

Posted 02 November 2012 - 06:50 AM

Hi there,

The call to "sd.Initialize(GoSockets.Socket5, "SD")" is incorrect, so it makes sense that nothing's working ;)

Have you looked at the tutorials on the DAQ product page? If not, check out this one which shows how to initialize the DAQ and how to use the file system: http://nwazet.com/co...Q/10-FileSystem

Cheers,
-Fabien.

#3 theTroll

theTroll

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 12:52 PM

Hi there,

The call to "sd.Initialize(GoSockets.Socket5, "SD")" is incorrect, so it makes sense that nothing's working ;)

Have you looked at the tutorials on the DAQ product page? If not, check out this one which shows how to initialize the DAQ and how to use the file system: http://nwazet.com/co...Q/10-FileSystem

Cheers,
-Fabien.

Well that all makes sense. I was looking at the touch screen example and it had the sd card stuff in there. I am going to change things over on that one to support the DAQ sd card.

#4 theTroll

theTroll

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 01:11 PM

Well that all makes sense. I was looking at the touch screen example and it had the sd card stuff in there. I am going to change things over on that one to support the DAQ sd card.

Well tried that, go a new problem. I initialize the DAQ and call daq.FatFs.Mount() and I get a System.ApplicationException: _headerVersion. I went through and formated the SD Card as Fat32 just to make sure it wasn't that.

Any new suggestions?

#5 Gutworks

Gutworks

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 363 posts
  • LocationOttawa, Ontario

Posted 02 November 2012 - 02:08 PM

Hey Troll,

We you able to run the File System sample code from the site? It can be found here: http://nwazet.com/co...Q/10-FileSystem

I just tested it on my system and having it working. If you drop back into chat, perhaps we can figure this out together.

Cheers,
Steve

#6 theTroll

theTroll

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 02:27 PM

Thinking we have a dev environment mismatch here. Not sure where to start looking, but going to try going through most of the stuff.

#7 theTroll

theTroll

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 08:10 PM

I am wondering if there is a mismatch between the Go and the DAQ version?

#8 Fabien Royer

Fabien Royer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 406 posts
  • LocationRedmond, WA

Posted 02 November 2012 - 09:05 PM

That's not likely. Let me ask you this: does the LED next to port D7 blink when there's communication between the Go board and the DAQ?

#9 theTroll

theTroll

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 11:19 PM

That's not likely.

Let me ask you this: does the LED next to port D7 blink when there's communication between the Go board and the DAQ?

Yup, and I can read a digital port off of the DAQ.

#10 Fabien Royer

Fabien Royer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 406 posts
  • LocationRedmond, WA

Posted 02 November 2012 - 11:23 PM

Thanks. That tells me that you have the latest version of the DAQ firmware running, which is good. Now, if you use the exact file system test sample posted on our site (adapted to the actual Go socket you're using), what happens?

#11 theTroll

theTroll

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 11:25 PM

Same problem, System.ApplicationException: _headerVersion. I have tried mitiple SD cards and the one with the kit. Also formatted the sd card to fat32.

#12 Fabien Royer

Fabien Royer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 406 posts
  • LocationRedmond, WA

Posted 02 November 2012 - 11:33 PM

Are you using the latest C# driver from https://bitbucket.or...royer/nwazet.go?
Can you please post the code you're using here so that I can test it and try to repro what you're seeing?

#13 theTroll

theTroll

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 04:49 AM

Are you using the latest C# driver from https://bitbucket.or...royer/nwazet.go?
Can you please post the code you're using here so that I can test it and try to repro what you're seeing?

I downloaded the NwazetAssemblies.zip from there and that is what I am using. I am using the example that you posted, no changes.

#14 Fabien Royer

Fabien Royer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 406 posts
  • LocationRedmond, WA

Posted 03 November 2012 - 05:22 PM

Yet, you're able to use all the other functions of the DAQ, except for the file system?

#15 theTroll

theTroll

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 07:27 PM

Yet, you're able to use all the other functions of the DAQ, except for the file system?

The ones I have tested. Tested digital input and output. Going to test analog in a bit. Haven't done anything with IC2 or the UART yet.

#16 Fabien Royer

Fabien Royer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 406 posts
  • LocationRedmond, WA

Posted 03 November 2012 - 07:57 PM

Ok. When you get to testing the UART, can you please enable the DAQ's internal diagnostics and post the output that you see in your dumb terminal when mounting the file system?
See http://nwazet.com/co...torageRegisters for enabling diagnostic messages.

Thanks,
-Fabien.

#17 theTroll

theTroll

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 08:19 PM

Ok. When you get to testing the UART, can you please enable the DAQ's internal diagnostics and post the output that you see in your dumb terminal when mounting the file system?
See http://nwazet.com/co...torageRegisters for enabling diagnostic messages.

Thanks,
-Fabien.

Will push UART testing to the top of my list. Need to find my Serial cable and figure out the wiring.

#18 Fabien Royer

Fabien Royer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 406 posts
  • LocationRedmond, WA

Posted 03 November 2012 - 09:21 PM

Sounds good. Can you please provide a stack trace when you encounter the exception as well as a dump of the BasicTypeDeSerializerContext._buffer? Thanks, -Fabien.

#19 theTroll

theTroll

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 09:50 PM

Sounds good. Can you please provide a stack trace when you encounter the exception as well as a dump of the BasicTypeDeSerializerContext._buffer?

Thanks,
-Fabien.

Do you want the dump and stack trace now? Or wait until after I get the UART up and running?

#20 Fabien Royer

Fabien Royer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 406 posts
  • LocationRedmond, WA

Posted 03 November 2012 - 09:52 PM

Let's wait until you have the UART diagnostics up for a complete picture. Thanks, -Fabien.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.