Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

Will the "Getting Started with Netduino" still apply to Netduino go?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 justsomeguy

justsomeguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 11:51 PM

Hey guys, I'll start with introducing myself. My name is Jason and I got about 6 months of C# programming background. :-/ I just ordered a netduino, coming from an arduino. I wish to move because I know a lot more C#. I got a quick question, I think the getting started with Netduino book should help me out a lot, but was wondering what does and does not apply to the netduino go in this book? Should I still get it? Is there a better resource? Thanks, -Jason

#2 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 03 November 2012 - 07:59 PM

Hi Jason, We're working on an update to the book which covers Netduino Go as well. Most of it applies to Netduino Go in conjunction with the Shield Base. But we'll need to post updated source samples which use the new AnalogInput and PWM classes. Chris

#3 justsomeguy

justsomeguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 09:09 PM

Hi Jason,

We're working on an update to the book which covers Netduino Go as well.

Most of it applies to Netduino Go in conjunction with the Shield Base. But we'll need to post updated source samples which use the new AnalogInput and PWM classes.

Chris

Hello Chris,

Thanks for the reply, I went ahead and bought the book and look forward to the update.

-Jason

#4 curt c

curt c

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 06:21 AM

I also bought both "Getting Started" books (Netduino and Internet of Things) as a reference for the Netduino Go. I look forward to the content that is applicable to the Go.

#5 Dracarnion

Dracarnion

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationBoston, MA

Posted 14 March 2014 - 07:01 AM

Hi - Where is the code for the Netduino Go to attach to the shield base?  I'm trying to attach a 32-channel servo controller to my Netduino Go using the sheild base, but I can't find any resources.  Has the book been updated to included information on this?  

Thank you

#6 Philologon

Philologon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 03:34 AM

Hi.  As of today I am a total novice and am considering getting into Netduino.  I have looked online (Amazon, O'Reilly) for the update mentioned in post #3 (above), but everything I can find still is from February 2012.  Based on this and other (rather hot) threads, I am wondering if the revised book (covering Go) is still being planned.  For that matter, is the product itself still being developed?

References: 

http://www.amazon.co...d with netduino

http://shop.oreilly....636920018032.do

#7 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 16 June 2014 - 04:44 PM

Hi Philologon,

Still in development? Yup! We've actually been working on a bunch of accessories and tens of thousands of new lines of code for Netduino and NETMF this last year...including Netduino Update..with lots more to come this year.

The current book will work with Netduino Go if you add in the legacy SecretLabs.NETMF.Hardware.PWM and .Analog assemblies as references. I do plan on updating the book once the new GoBus classes are out (after the 4.3.2 firmware ships this summer). Right now the book is based on a slightly older version of NETMF.

Welcome to the Netduino community,

Chris

#8 AlessandroFi

AlessandroFi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 02:02 PM

Hi Chris,
I read that you have many things in preparation, good !.
I chose to start my experimentation in the world of programming microcontrollers just 'cause SecretLab uses NETMF and C #.
The only thing that I'd like to find more 'often are examples, although very simple, especially for the use of "shield base" with sensors for acquiring input data.
For those like me who have very little esperinza electronics would be very valuable and important.

Thank you
AlessandriFi

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.