Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

MotorButton loop error? Update: Now more about Motor Driving.

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 CwbhX

CwbhX

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 10 November 2010 - 10:10 PM

Do the grounds connect? I don't want to blow anything on the Netduino. I am building it right now Is RB going to the Collector or the Base? <-- I got it. Sorry, I just had to double check you post.
-Cwbh

#22 CwbhX

CwbhX

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 10 November 2010 - 10:39 PM

Well, I put it together. Plug in the Netduino and away the motor went... Before it even booted. The motor is on all the time. I will post a picture of my circuit soon.

-Cwbh
Posted Image
Posted Image
-Cwbh

#23 CwbhX

CwbhX

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 11 November 2010 - 12:18 AM

Working! :D * With the help of my friend; swapped D6 to base and other to collector. Had to do a swap.
-Cwbh

#24 capn

capn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 10 February 2011 - 08:43 PM

If you're interested in driving any motor from a microcontroller, you are pretty much required to use a motor driver. The Arduino motor board is basically a couple L293 motor controllers that can drive up to 1.5A loads. You can also buy some 1/2 bridges, to control a motor in a single direction. There are a lot of solid state drivers for motor control, a quick search on digi-key for "h-bridge" you'll get a lot of hits. My personal favorite H-bridge is the MC33886. It has 5.0A continuous capacity, can be controlled by TTL and CMOS inputs. I am new here, but I assume the Netduino does CMOS or is TTL compatible.

Be patient with me, I'm new to this.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.