Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

Firmware 4.1.0 (update 5) Serious Bug

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Charles

Charles

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 03:40 AM

I happened upon this be accident tonight... I just upgraded to 4.1.0.5. Don't know if this bug was previously present. If I disconnect the ethernet cable and reconnect it, this happens: DM9161_AutoNegotiate Valid PHY Found: 31 PHY: Vendor Number Model = 0xA PHY: Model Revision Number = 0x0 AutoNegotiate complete LWIP Assertion "netif->hwaddr_len must be the same as ETHARP_HWADDR_LEN for etharp!" failed at line 1059 in C:\MicroFrameworkPK_v4_1\DeviceCode\pal\lwip\lw Workaround: Don't disconnect and reconnect the ethernet cable.

#2 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 08 November 2010 - 03:48 AM

Interesting. That's happening inside the lwIP code itself... Can you reproduce this every time you unplug and reattach your cable? Even if you have erased your Netduino Plus app? We definitely want to look into this and see what's going on... Chris

#3 Charles

Charles

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 03:50 AM

Erased my app... Rebooted. Unplugged ethernet and plugged it back in. Total: (10496 RAM - 88884 ROM - 49054 METADATA) Ready. Cannot find any entrypoint! Done. Waiting for debug commands... DM9161_AutoNegotiate Valid PHY Found: 31 PHY: Vendor Number Model = 0xA PHY: Model Revision Number = 0x0 DM9161_DSCSR = 0xF3F4 DM9161_BMCR = 0x3100 DM9161_DSCR = 0x414 Error: AutoNegotiate TimeOut LWIP Assertion "netif->hwaddr_len must be the same as ETHARP_HWADDR_LEN for etharp!" failed at line 1059 in C:\MicroFrameworkPK_v4_1\DeviceCode\pal\lwip\lwip_1_3_2\src\netif\ethar

#4 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 08 November 2010 - 04:01 AM

Okay, thanks. We'll try to reproduce and then dig into what is going on... In the meantime, just plug in the cable before you plug in your Netduino (or just push the reset button if you have troubles). Thank you very much for bringing this to our attention, Chris

#5 Charles

Charles

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 02:49 AM

Any news on this?

#6 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 21 November 2010 - 05:12 AM

Any news on this?

We're looking into it, but no news quite yet.

Chris

#7 Charles

Charles

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 06:46 AM

This strikes me as a critical issue for any sort of use beyond basic development and testing. Please keep us in the loop. Thanks!

#8 Charles

Charles

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 06:17 PM

Another thing... Allow me to prefix this by saying I am running 4.1.0.5. If I leave the ethernet disconnected and power the N+, and then connect the ethernet after it boots fully, it doesn't crash, but the unit doesn't respond to ping and the ethernet functionality of my app doesn't work. The ONLY way to make the N+ work correctly with ethernet at present is to connect the ethernet cable, reboot the N+, and never allow the ethernet link to go down without rebooting the N+.

#9 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 30 November 2010 - 06:19 PM

Another thing...

Allow me to prefix this by saying I am running 4.1.0.5.

If I leave the ethernet disconnected and power the N+, and then connect the ethernet after it boots fully, it doesn't crash, but the unit doesn't respond to ping and the ethernet functionality of my app doesn't work.

The ONLY way to make the N+ work correctly with ethernet at present is to connect the ethernet cable, reboot the N+, and never allow the ethernet link to go down without rebooting the N+.

Hi Charles,

Thank you for the additional feedback on this issue.

Quick question:
Are you using a static IP address or DHCP?

We're working on a solution for this issue. In the meantime, please plug in your Ethernet cable before plugging power into the Netduino Plus. We should have this fixed soon, via a free firmware update.

Chris

#10 Charles

Charles

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 04:38 AM

I haven't messed with DHCP yet... Straight Static IP set with MFDeploy.

#11 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 31 January 2011 - 09:04 AM

The DHCP and "disconnected cable" issues have both been addressed in v4.1.1 alpha 6 (and v4.1.0.6 RC1). Should be posted within 48 hours. Chris

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.