Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

Debug Shieldbase

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 SoundWave

SoundWave

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 05:50 AM

Am I understanding correctly that I can use pins d0,d1 on the shieldbase to debug the shieldbase and run custom firmware on it? If so in trying this several times I get no response but am having a hard time telling if it's something I'm doing or the cable I have doesn't work.

#2 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 14 October 2012 - 05:52 AM

Hi SoundWave, Are you using a USB-TTL cable? If you plug your TX wire into D0 and your RX wire into D1 and then your GND wire into one of the GND pins...you should be able to ping it from MFDeploy. Chris

#3 SoundWave

SoundWave

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 05:54 AM

Hi SoundWave,

Are you using a USB-TTL cable? If you plug your TX wire into D0 and your RX wire into D1 and then your GND wire into one of the GND pins...you should be able to ping it from MFDeploy.

Chris

That's kind of what I was assuming from your other post but in doing exactly that I get no response so I'm starting to think the cable is shot.

Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.