Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

Netduino Plus Pinout Reference

Netduino Plus Pinout Plus Reference Sheet

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Gutworks

Gutworks

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 363 posts
  • LocationOttawa, Ontario

Posted 13 October 2012 - 08:41 PM

I absolutely love the versatility of my Netduino Plus and have a few of them. As often as I use them I still forget which pins do what, and especially how much current each pin can source. So I thought I would share this updated pinout reference in hopes that you may find it useful. I would like to thank community member Tecchie who created the original Netduino pinouts.

The image is intentionally large, however it makes it difficult to move around using the forum's lightbox. To open the pinout zoomed out, click here: Netduino Plus Pinout

If you notice any errors or would like to have anything added or changed, please let me know.

Edit: New pinout diagram Ver. 1.1
Attached File  NetduinoPlus-Pinout-v1.1.jpg   461.87KB   474 downloads

Cheers,
Steve

Edited by Gutworks, 06 January 2013 - 10:50 PM.

#2 baxter

baxter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 10:26 PM

Thank you Steve ... This is really useful. I particularly like the pin ma callouts. Baxter

#3 carb

carb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 352 posts
  • LocationCrystal River, Florida

Posted 13 October 2012 - 10:35 PM

Looks good Steve, I was thinking it would be nice to come up with a quick reference guide with code snippets for using Inputs, Outputs, Interrupts, Debug Statements, Buffers, Threading, Try / Catch, Arrays, Serial Ports, PWM, SPI, I2C and a few others. It might help some that are just starting with Net Micro Framework. But no SUX sockets. Chuck

#4 Paul Newton

Paul Newton

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 724 posts
  • LocationBerkshire, UK

Posted 14 October 2012 - 01:10 PM

Hi Steve, Great additions to the original. I have already printed a copy that replaces my last one. I think I'm going to get the laminator down soon! The colours you have used work well when printed out, and the photo is clearer than in the original. Paul

#5 Gutworks

Gutworks

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 10:02 PM

I was thinking it would be nice to come up with a quick reference guide with code snippets for using Inputs, Outputs, Interrupts, Debug Statements, Buffers, Threading, Try / Catch, Arrays, Serial Ports, PWM, SPI, I2C and a few others. It might help some that are just starting with Net Micro Framework.

I think this is a fantastic idea Chuck, and one I've been aiming at doing for quite some time now. I think I just need to get off my butt and start writing some. I've actually been developing a framework for a tutorial website, but have had so many projects on the go I keep getting distracted.

Steve

#6 Gutworks

Gutworks

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 10:04 PM

I have received some great feedback from several community members, and so I will be making a few changes to the pinout in the next few days. So please say tuned, and keep the awesome suggestions coming. Thanks!! Steve

#7 carb

carb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 352 posts
  • LocationCrystal River, Florida

Posted 14 October 2012 - 10:15 PM

I think this is a fantastic idea Chuck, and one I've been aiming at doing for quite some time now. I think I just need to get off my butt and start writing some. I've actually been developing a framework for a tutorial website, but have had so many projects on the go I keep getting distracted.

Steve

Lets see what the others think. May be in Wiki we can add something in both C# and Visual Basic. Stefan's toolbox has helped me a lot for examples on how to do things.

Chuck

#8 Gutworks

Gutworks

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 03:17 AM

Thank you all for the awesome feedback that I have received. I have made some changes to the diagram such as:
  • The pins on the ICSP connector are the same signals as those on the SPI bus and have been updated accordingly.
  • The GND pins received a make over; white text, black background.
  • Added the often hard to find Erase Pad
  • Several updates to the Power section in the notes; info taken from the voltage regulator datasheet and schematics.

As usual, if you notice any errors or would like to suggest some changes, please let me know. The pinout has been updated in the initial thread if you're looking for it.

Thank you Paul and Chuck for the bulk of the suggestions!

Cheers,
Steve

#9 DonFL

DonFL

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 11:06 PM

Just got my N Plus 2 on Saturday (thank you Amazon!) and was thinking...now we need a diagram for this one also. Being a newbie to the Netduino world, the one for the the Plus has been indispensible. It looks like the differences are not that big (sadly, just had a chance to unpack things and start tinkering now..), but with one of each on the bench, my feeble mind needs all the help it can get.

#10 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 11 November 2012 - 11:13 PM

Just got my N Plus 2 on Saturday (thank you Amazon!) and was thinking...now we need a diagram for this one also.

Being a newbie to the Netduino world, the one for the the Plus has been indispensible. It looks like the differences are not that big (sadly, just had a chance to unpack things and start tinkering now..), but with one of each on the bench, my feeble mind needs all the help it can get.

Gutworks... Oh GUTWORKS! :)

Steve (Gutworks) does a great with these. I'll ask him if he'd do the honor of putting a new chart together. If he's slammed at work, we can mock something up.

Chris

#11 Gutworks

Gutworks

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 06:49 AM

Just got my N Plus 2 on Saturday (thank you Amazon!) and was thinking...now we need a diagram for this one also.

Being a newbie to the Netduino world, the one for the the Plus has been indispensible. It looks like the differences are not that big (sadly, just had a chance to unpack things and start tinkering now..), but with one of each on the bench, my feeble mind needs all the help it can get.

Hi DonFL,

I don't believe I've had the chance to welcome you to the community yet. So here's a fine welcome to the wonderful world of Netduino, and as a welcoming gift I have created the Netduino Plus 2 Pinout Reference Sheet for you. You can find it here in this post: Netduino Plus 2 Pinout Reference Sheet

I can't wait to hear more about what you plan on creating with your Netduino Plus 2, so please share. :)

Cheers,
Steve

#12 DonFL

DonFL

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 01:11 PM

Hi DonFL,

I don't believe I've had the chance to welcome you to the community yet. So here's a fine welcome to the wonderful world of Netduino, and as a welcoming gift I have created the Netduino Plus 2 Pinout Reference Sheet for you. You can find it here in this post: Netduino Plus 2 Pinout Reference Sheet

I can't wait to hear more about what you plan on creating with your Netduino Plus 2, so please share. :)

Cheers,
Steve

Thank you for the warm welcome, and for creating the new pinout reference. Greatly appreciated!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Netduino Plus, Pinout, Plus, Reference Sheet

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.