Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

Shield Base Firmware (beta 4)

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#21 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 08 November 2012 - 01:35 AM

Quick update: I just posted an update to the NetduinoGo.ShieldBase.dll driver for Shield Base. This will enable the reset pin on Shield Base. After the update, driving the /reset pin low on Shield Base will reboot the Netduino Go mainboard. It is not necessary to upgrade the firmware on Shield Base to take advantage of this new feature. The attachment is in the second post of the current thread: http://forums.netdui...dpost__p__36829 Chris

#22 GregR

GregR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
  • LocationKeller, Tx

Posted 08 November 2012 - 09:17 PM

I just tried using the Shieldbase updater after upgrading my Go to the 4.2.1.0 firmware. I also made sure to update the .Net Micro framework and the Netduino SDK.

It fails with "An unhandled exception of type 'System.Exception' occurred in Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware.dll" message.

The line of code it stopped on was:

_socketLeds[0] = new OutputPort((Cpu.Pin)0x16, false);

This was in STM32Bootloader.cs

So at this point I cannot update my 2 Shieldbases...how do we fix this?

Greg

#23 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 08 November 2012 - 09:26 PM

Hi Greg, We'll need to update the reflash app for the latest Netduino Go firmware. It will take a day or three; we're working on it... Chris

#24 GregR

GregR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
  • LocationKeller, Tx

Posted 09 November 2012 - 12:44 AM

Hi Greg,

We'll need to update the reflash app for the latest Netduino Go firmware. It will take a day or three; we're working on it...

Chris

Ok..I'll give you 2! ;)

#25 Nevyn

Nevyn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1072 posts
  • LocationNorth Yorkshire, UK

Posted 09 November 2012 - 08:30 PM

Just updated the GO to 4.2.1.0 and that appeared to go well.

Next step to update the Shieldbase and at this point things did not go too well. Compiled and deployed the application to the GO with the Shieldbase on port 5. Hit the button when prompted and hit a System.Exception on the line:

_socketLeds[0] = new OutputPort((Cpu.Pin)0x16, false);

Line 96 of STM32Bootloader.cs.

Wondered if it might be a reference problem so I removed the GoBus reference and added the one in the 4.2.1 firmware and still have the same problem.

Any thoughts?

Regards,
Mark

Just noticed someone has the same problem and Secret Labs are working on it.

To be or not to be = 0xFF

Blogging about Netduino, .NET, STM8S and STM32 and generally waffling on about life

Follow @nevynuk on Twitter

#26 cheschire

cheschire

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 09:55 PM

Hey guys, if you're having the error that we've been waiting to fix, then you probably followed the instructions and upgraded the firmware on your mainboard first. It probably means you're running 4.2.1.0, which doesn't work with this shield base upgrade. So go here: http://forums.netdui...?showtopic=5916 Download 4.2.0.2 for your mainboard and reflash it back to the old firmware. Then upgrade your shield. Verified it works right now. Will verify if I can successfully upgrade the mainboard BACK to 4.2.1.0 after the shield base is done.

#27 Nicky

Nicky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 20 December 2012 - 10:29 AM

Has anyone experienced, that their analog readings are wrong? Measured directly on the sensor, i get a value of 0.47v but Shieldbase reads 0.14v... it seems to be dividing the actual value with the voltage...

ntools
TCP Listener (Beta) · FTP Server (Alpha)
Netduino Plus Go Module · Xml Parser
http://ntools.codeplex.com/

#28 carb

carb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 352 posts
  • LocationCrystal River, Florida

Posted 20 December 2012 - 10:59 AM

Has anyone experienced, that their analog readings are wrong?

Measured directly on the sensor, i get a value of 0.47v but Shieldbase reads 0.14v... it seems to be dividing the actual value with the voltage...

Nicky which method are you using .Read or .ReadRaw? The .Read gives you a float value 0 to 1.0 the .ReadRaw gives you an integer that reads 0 to 4095.

Chuck

#29 Nicky

Nicky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 20 December 2012 - 11:59 AM

Oh ffs... so that means, that I always will have to multiply the returned value with the voltage? Sigh, these electronics are killing me! :D Thanks mate. ;)

ntools
TCP Listener (Beta) · FTP Server (Alpha)
Netduino Plus Go Module · Xml Parser
http://ntools.codeplex.com/

#30 pirumpi

pirumpi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 03:40 AM

How many base shield can I connect to a netduinogo?

#31 Arron Chapman

Arron Chapman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 289 posts
  • LocationOregon, USA

Posted 28 December 2012 - 07:04 AM

How many base shield can I connect to a netduinogo?

As of now, only 1.  In the future up to 8 without any hubs, and who knows with hubs.

When you talk EE use small words, I'm just a Software Developer :)
My Blog/Site and Everything Else

If my post helped you please consider pressing the "Like This" button in the bottom right-hand corner.

Oh my. So many things, so little money!!

#32 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:06 AM

Quick note: we have updated the Shield Base reflashing app to work with the latest Netduino Go firmware. We're also working on beta 5 firmware for the shield base, so we'll have even more updates soon. Chris

#33 Gutworks

Gutworks

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 363 posts
  • LocationOttawa, Ontario

Posted 06 January 2013 - 01:20 PM

That's awesome news Chris!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.