Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

windows app controling the netduino?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 clunk

clunk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 01:31 PM

i was wondering if it was possible to control my netduino over usb using a windows form in visual studio 2010 if not how can it be done ?

#2 hari

hari

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 02:53 PM

They're working on it.
In the mean time, I think the only way to do this is via an FTDI chip.

#3 sweddle

sweddle

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 07:08 PM

Its been a bit of time and no such luck... http://forums.netdui...good-ol-arduino Maybe some day we will have the technology to do serial via USB... Like the ol Arduino did/does and well most any other device you can program via USB, I know I'm asking to put a man on the moon here but its been done.

#4 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 01 November 2010 - 07:39 PM

sweddle, we're most of the way there. We're working on a bug in the Atmel code, but we actually have the USB HID code completed for both device and PC. First release may require serial deployment--but we're also working on simultaneous use of debug/deploy with driverless communicaton channel as well. Chris

#5 sweddle

sweddle

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 07:55 PM

@Chris, thanks for the update! As if the Netduino wasn't cool enough on its your support and replays to post and feature requests make it all that much better! Thanks Shane

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.