Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

Compiling and deploying a release code

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 The3dman

The3dman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 07:57 AM

Hi all, After a long debug (with tens of Debug.Print) of my simple web client application, now It seems to work :). So I want to deploy a release code on my netduino plus. In in the Properties window, 1) I set: - Configuration: release under .NET Micro Framework tab - Configuration: release under Debug tab - Configuration: release under Build tab - Output path: \bin\Release under Build tab 2) then I open the Configuration manager from the solution Explorer and from the project list I set my project's configuration as Release 3) Now I can run build solution and deploy directly from the Solution Explorer Is this the correct way to do that? Are there other settings I should care of? Thanks, Andrea

#2 awaiK

awaiK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 05:03 PM

Yes, this should work. But step 1 and step 2 are unnecessary. On tab "Debug", "Build", ".NET Micro Framework", etc. you can specify the setting which are used during a build. A shorter way for step 3 is to use the drop-down control right next to the Start Debug button in the toolbar. Note: "Debug" and "Release" are just names for the building template. You can create your own templates to specify your own settings during a build.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.