Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

Converting existing programs from 4.1 to 4.2

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 DonFL

DonFL

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 01:54 PM

I am running into this issue frequently...a 4.1 netmf program that won't function properly with 4.2. Typically the errors involve assemblies, and the failure is that the program is looking for a 4.1 assembly and can't find it. I have reset the properties for the program to use 4.2, then saved, closed, re-opened, and rebuilt, but I still have the issue. I'm assuming there has to be something else I'm failing to do...but no idea what it is. Thanks in advance for the guidance/suggestions.

#2 Coding Smackdown

Coding Smackdown

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts
  • LocationLewisville, TX USA

Posted 05 October 2012 - 08:53 PM

Have you made sure that the assemblies your program is referencing have been built for .Net 4.2? I know that if you use some of the libraries directly from the web sites, they have not been compiled for .Net 4.2 and you will see that error when you try to deploy them to your Netduino. I tend to add the source code to my solution and then I know that all of the libraries have been compiled for whatever version of .Net my device is running. Good Luck.
Brewing Award Winning Beer with a Netduino!
http://diybrewery.com

#3 DonFL

DonFL

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 12:05 PM

In at least one situation I deleted all the assemblies, and then re-added them. What you're describing is what may be happening..I'm just re-adding assemblies that were not compiled in 4.2. Thanks for the advice.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.