Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

Getting started with Nwazet Display

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Bendage

Bendage

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts
  • LocationIrvine, CA

Posted 20 September 2012 - 07:44 PM

Whats up everyone,

Finally dusted off my Go. Bought everything months ago but have been so busy with an N+ project its all been sitting in my drawer.

First off, I'd like to say that I am very impressed with the Go and modules being created. Fabien, your nutshell app is genius. Still some bugs in it when trying to change colors of shapes but I can improvise.

I have an issue and a suggestion... issue first.

Downloaded the latest drivers from here ... https://bitbucket.or...f220d46/Library

Created a Go project.

Added Nwazet.Go.SDT028ATFTLCDTS to refs

Made a simple screen canvas via nutshell here...

using System;
using System.Threading;
using Microsoft.SPOT;
using Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware;
using SecretLabs.NETMF.Hardware;
using SecretLabs.NETMF.Hardware.NetduinoGo;
using Nwazet.Go.Display;
using Nwazet.Go.Imaging;
using Nwazet.Go.Fonts;

namespace DisplayTesting
{
    public class Program
    {
        public static void Main()
        {
            // write your code here

var canvas = new VirtualCanvas(null, null);
            canvas.Initialize(GoSockets.Socket5);
            canvas.SetOrientation(Orientation.Landscape);
            canvas.DrawRectangleRounded(
                11, 33,
                303, 222,
                ColorHelpers.GetRGB24toRGB565(0, 0, 0),
                RoundedCornerStyle.All);
            canvas.DrawButton(
                245, 190,
                50, 20,
                DejaVuSans9.ID, 12,
                ColorHelpers.GetRGB24toRGB565(233, 114, 114),
                ColorHelpers.GetRGB24toRGB565(255, 255, 255),
                ColorHelpers.GetRGB24toRGB565(0, 0, 0),
                "Button",
                RoundedCornerStyle.None);
            canvas.DrawArrow(
                263, 114, 33,
                DrawingDirection.Right,
                ColorHelpers.GetRGB24toRGB565(172, 220, 102));

canvas.Execute();

Thread.Sleep(Timeout.Infinite);

}

}
}

When compiling I am receiving the following errors...

Could not copy the file "C:\Users\bbender\Dropbox\Netduino\Development\Netduino Go\DisplayTesting\DisplayTesting\bin\Debug\LE\Nwazet.Go.Core.pe" because it was not found.

Could not copy the file "C:\Users\bbender\Dropbox\Netduino\Development\Netduino Go\DisplayTesting\DisplayTesting\bin\Debug\LE\Nwazet.Go.SDT028ATFTLCDTS.pe" because it was not found.

I tried referencing the Nwazet.Go.SDT028ATFTLCDTS.dll in two areas of Fabien's BitBucket release...

..\fabienroyer-nwazet.go-b24909aff18e\Library\Nwazet.Go.SDT028ATFTLCDTS\Nwazet.Go.SDT028ATFTLCDTS\bin\Debug
..\fabienroyer-nwazet.go-b24909aff18e\Binaries

No Go! for either reference (pun intended)

Please advise.

Here is also my suggestion...

I looked at the Nwazet product page, this forum (maybe not well enough) and the wiki pages... I really don't see any step by step of exactly what to download and what to reference to get this display fired up. I assumed copy/paste of Nutshell code into my startup program.cs and referencing above mentioned dll but I did not read that it is the correct place or to do that at all. I did load the NwazetDisplayModule.sln provided but it's absolute Go Newb overkill, especially since the SD module has not even been released yet and I don't have a breakout SD.

Is there an instruction page a little less to the extent of taking this display to the max... possibly a more step by step? I realize we are all somewhat engineers or professional tinkerers but until I master the Go! like the plus, I and probably many others would like a dumbed down step by step of hooking the display up to the go, referencing minimum required dlls, and running with code from the nutshell. Maybe even a simple button click event example.

Anything like that as of yet?

BTW... I did read this post... http://forums.netdui...h__1#entry30497

Didn't help. From what I 'think' I know about .pe files being included when ref'ing dlls... my impression is the GAC loads them into your bin. I could be wrong. Perhaps an SDK setup for your drivers with an actual version to go by so we know if we have the latest Fabien?

#2 Fabien Royer

Fabien Royer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 406 posts
  • LocationRedmond, WA

Posted 20 September 2012 - 08:44 PM

Hi Bendage,

Sorry that you're having difficulties putting together your project from the binary assemblies.
I'll look into why that is and will make corrections as needed. I've also been thinking about creating tutorials and code snippets, similar to the ones I created for the DAQ module.

In the meantime, you can do the following:
  • Go to the Nwazet source repository and do "Get Source" as a zip file
  • Expand the zip file to a location of your choice
  • Create a Netduino Go! project in VS2010 (any version)
  • Paste the code generated by Nutshell into program.cs
  • Right-click on the solution and do "Add Existing Project..."
  • Add "Nwazet.Go.Core.csproj"
  • Add "Nwazet.Go.Display.csproj"
  • Make "Nwazet.Go.Core" and "Nwazet.Go.Display" dependencies of your main project
  • Compile and deploy :)
See the attached picture to see the completed project.

I hope this helps.

Cheers,
-Fabien.

Attached Files

#3 Bendage

Bendage

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts
  • LocationIrvine, CA

Posted 20 September 2012 - 08:48 PM

Thanks for the response Fabien. Steps 6-8 are supposed to be mandatory for each project using the display or are you suggesting this a as a 'quick fix' until you solve the .pe deployment dilemma?

#4 GregR

GregR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
  • LocationKeller, Tx

Posted 20 September 2012 - 08:51 PM

Perhaps an SDK setup for your drivers with an actual version to go by so we know if we have the latest Fabien?

I would like to second this also. A simple setup app that installs the assemblies for those of us that don't need the source, etc. :)

Greg

#5 Fabien Royer

Fabien Royer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 406 posts
  • LocationRedmond, WA

Posted 20 September 2012 - 08:51 PM

This will get you unblocked for now :) Both methods should work though and I'll investigate what the issue is as soon as I get the chance. Cheers, -Fabien.

#6 Bendage

Bendage

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts
  • LocationIrvine, CA

Posted 20 September 2012 - 08:53 PM

Also, I noticed that your reference to the SDT028ATFTLCDTS.dll shows up in your references as Nwazet.Go.Display but the identity in the library reference properties shows Nwazet.Go.SDT028ATFTLCDTS. But when I ref the same library is shows as Nwazet.Go.SDT028ATFTLCDTS. Why is that?

#7 Fabien Royer

Fabien Royer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 406 posts
  • LocationRedmond, WA

Posted 20 September 2012 - 08:54 PM

GregR, Yup. An installer solution is what we'll be using to simplify things. -Fabien.

#8 Fabien Royer

Fabien Royer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 406 posts
  • LocationRedmond, WA

Posted 20 September 2012 - 08:58 PM

Bendage, I suspect that something went wrong when I recently merged multiple source trees during the release of the DAQ module code, even though I did a regression pass to make sure all projects built, deployed and ran. -Fabien.

#9 Bendage

Bendage

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts
  • LocationIrvine, CA

Posted 20 September 2012 - 09:15 PM

Bendage,

I suspect that something went wrong when I recently merged multiple source trees during the release of the DAQ module code, even though I did a regression pass to make sure all projects built, deployed and ran.

-Fabien.

No problem. Looking through your framework, it's very nicely done!

One more stupid question. How to start off by erasing your logo? If I start drawing it draws over it but still shows below it. Is there a ClearScreen() function somewhere?

#10 Fabien Royer

Fabien Royer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 406 posts
  • LocationRedmond, WA

Posted 20 September 2012 - 09:30 PM

public void DrawFill(ushort color) :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.