Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

WiFly Shield

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#61 Mustang

Mustang

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationDetroit, Michigan

Posted 17 June 2011 - 07:33 PM

it only works when an external power supply is used.

I am using a 9v battery soldered to the plug.

#62 Jamie Rytlewski

Jamie Rytlewski

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 07:47 PM

I never got mine working. I think I might have fried it when I tired to reset it with the 3.3V and P109. I just wish the piece wasn't so freaking expensive. I'll probably try to get another one in the winter time.

#63 seascan

seascan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 04:12 PM

Are there any plans to have the WiFly part of the SecretLabs classes?

#64 Gilberto Garcia

Gilberto Garcia

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 05:12 PM

For best performance, I'd use the Netduino Plus with a WiFi Ethernet Bridge device. I know that a number of people have used Quiche's drivers...but I have not had a chance to use WiFly enough to have a good feel for performance.

Chris

I would like to add that I am currently using my Netduino Plus with a Netgear Universal Dual Band Wireless (WNCE3001). It requires a one time setup of SSID and password on the Wireless adapter, just follow the instructions.

G. García

#65 ScottLaFoy

ScottLaFoy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 05:14 AM

I know I am a little late to the party here, but I have the wifly shield (WRL-09954) and mounted it to my netduino plus. with external power the lights on the shield light up. I have the drivers posted here, but I believe I need something else to interface with the shield directly to set it up first? Not sure exactly how to set up the shield. Secondly the post about the Netduino Plus with a Netgear Universal Dual Band Wireless (WNCE3001) I was wondering if anyone had used this successfully? I have a simple robot I have been working on, so far I have successfully sent commands to the netduino from a web page moving servos through the ethernet plug. But what good is an internet controlled robot when he is tethered to the router? Thanks for any input, Scott

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.