Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

Netduinos arriving in Radio Shack stores

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 13 September 2012 - 10:42 PM

An anonymous Netduino community member just sent me this photo, from their local Radio Shack in Oklahoma City.

I suppose this means that Netduinos have officially started arriving in Radio Shack stores :)

With thousands of stores across the nation, this really helps open up Netduinos and .NET MF to more and more tinkerers.

If your Radio Shack has received their shipment, please feel free to share your photos too!

Chris

P.S. The initial shipment to Radio Shack was only enough for some of the stores. We're busy making a bunch more to replenish shelves and hopefully have enough to get them into your local store as well.

P.P.S. The kit is also available at RadioShack.com.

Chris

Attached Files

#2 JerseyTechGuy

JerseyTechGuy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 870 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 12:17 AM

Heading up to mine tomorrow for supplies for some Halloween props. I'll see if they have em in stock.

#3 Christoc

Christoc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts
  • LocationBallwin, MO

Posted 14 September 2012 - 09:45 PM

Cool I'll have to find a local store to hit up

View my blog at ChrisHammond.com

Projects: Netduino Tank/Tracked Vehicle, DNNFoos, Random other bits

#4 JerseyTechGuy

JerseyTechGuy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 870 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 10:50 PM

Well, my local Radio shack now has a whole bunch of shields, Parallax parts and Arduino kits. No Netduinos yet.

#5 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 14 September 2012 - 10:59 PM

Well, my local Radio shack now has a whole bunch of shields, Parallax parts and Arduino kits. No Netduinos yet.

We'll have to add another assembly line so more stores can come online? Radio Shack has a lot of stores alone.

BTW, you can also find Netduinos at Micro Center and at some local hobby shops. We've been approached by a few international retail outlets as well.

We ended up with some world-class (and world-wide) resellers...they're doing a great job bringing .NET MF and hardware tinkering to a large audience. To all of them, thank you.

Chris

#6 supra

supra

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 210 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 15 September 2012 - 03:18 AM

What abt Source store (formerly Radio Shack)?Posted Image

Is the Radio Shack is an authorized dealer?Posted Image

Y netduinoPosted Image................Y nut Netduino Go?Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#7 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 15 September 2012 - 03:23 AM

Hey Supra, Thanks for your enthusiasm! Unlike the big-box stores, Radio Shack has limited shelf space. They're currently experimenting with returning to their roots and carrying Arduinos and Netduinos. If their experiment is successful (i.e. sales per square foot of shelf space are good for them), they'll carry more and more items. I'm amazed how much they fit in some of their stores already. This kit is a bundle we coordinated with MAKE (we supply the book content and boards, they supply the components and box). Radio Shack is an authorized reseller for the kit. Chris

#8 supra

supra

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 210 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 15 September 2012 - 03:49 AM

Do they sell N+ and NGO?Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#9 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 15 September 2012 - 05:33 AM

Hi supra,

Do they sell N+ and NGO?Posted Image

The first Netduino-related item in Radio Shack is the Netduino Starter Kit. A good start :)

Different resellers stock different items, based on their shelf space concerns, types of users, etc.

Not all of the Arduino board variants are appropriate for Radio Shack, and the same may be the same with Netduino board variants as well. Time will tell, retail moves a lot slower than online resellers.

Chris

#10 Robert L.

Robert L.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 10:58 AM

The first Netduino-related item in Radio Shack is the Netduino Starter Kit.

Chris

Yikes, these forums are about to be saturated with clueless postings, with the same "I bricked my N+" and "How do I upgrade my N+" and "How do I interface my N+ with XXX" over and over again.

Not that I am always cluefull myself, you understand.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.