Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

Switch ON/OFF

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 mohammad

mohammad

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 04:41 PM

Hi all, Is there any way to turn a Netduino Plus on/off? FYI. I have a Netduino Plus which is powered by a battery. To save more energy, I sometimes need to turn off the device. Regards, Mohammad

#2 mohammad

mohammad

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 04:41 PM

FYI. The button I am going to use for this purpose, is the default button on the board.

#3 Mario Vernari

Mario Vernari

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1768 posts
  • LocationVenezia, Italia

Posted 07 September 2012 - 05:58 PM

Not clear. A simple switch in series to the battery isn't enough?
Biggest fault of Netduino? It runs by electricity.

#4 mohammad

mohammad

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 07:54 PM

Thank you Mario. You are right, but the problem is that I already bought a lot of battery holders: https://www.sparkfun.../products/10512
Do you know how to include a switch in series to the battery?

#5 baxter

baxter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 08:23 PM

Hi mohammad, Look at the tiny Pololu Push button power switch for simple button on/off with the capability to turn off under software control, http://www.pololu.co...log/product/751 There are endless designs for on/off power designs under software control. Here is a long discussion, http://forums.parall...r-circuit-ideas A good simple way is to use a LDO regulator with an on/off enable. Baxter

#6 Mario Vernari

Mario Vernari

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1768 posts
  • LocationVenezia, Italia

Posted 08 September 2012 - 06:17 AM

The power saving of the Netduino is an old problem, and it's not easy to solve. As soon you connect the Vin supply, then you have *always* a current flowing. That current is estimated on some tens of mA, even in the worst case. Seriously, I don't see any way to cut the supply off preserving the batteries. I guess that the only way is cutting the battery packs wire, and inserting a switch. Another way could be having a "thru-circuit", having both a female and a male supply plug. That circuit can have a switch or something like that. Cheers
Biggest fault of Netduino? It runs by electricity.

#7 mohammad

mohammad

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 05:22 PM

Hi Baxter and Mario, Thanks for your useful information. I am going to apply the aforementioned solutions. Cheers, Mohammad

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.