Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

News about Visual Studio 2012 .NETMF Support ?

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#21 Casmer

Casmer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • LocationGrant, FL

Posted 19 February 2013 - 05:13 AM

None of this works for me, I ended up having to go back to 4.2 and vs 2010.

I am trying to get the beta or the 4.2 firmware working using Visual Studio Professional 2012 on Windows 7.

My netduino is on a usb hub, I am thinking that does not make a difference.

My computer is a mac pro running boot camp, not a vm. I tried the optional usb drivers and those didn't work at all for recognizing the device. Any hints? What other information would you need to help me out with this?

I installed Visual Studio Update 1 and it worked for debugging once, and then i could not get it to work. It works every time in 2010.

Thanks in advance.

#22 Done4Fun

Done4Fun

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 08:06 AM

Has this been implemented? I know that chris said that it would be available by the end of the year but looking in the visual studio microframework there still is no netduino application option. 

#23 Fahdil

Fahdil

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts
  • LocationJakarta, Indonesia

Posted 11 September 2013 - 05:55 PM

Hi Carlos,

Posted Image

We're working on VS2012 support. If you'd like to get started with VS2012 now, you can do the following:

1. Install the .NET MF 4.3 SDK (from netmf.codeplex.com)
2. Install the latest Netduino 4.2 SDK (from our Downloads page)
3. Create a .NET Micro Framework "Console Application"
4. Add "SecretLabs.NETMF.Hardware.dll" and "SecretLabs.NETMF.Hardware.Netduino.dll" from the Netduino SDK directory (in Program Files (x86).

That will effectively do the same thing as the Netduino SDK templates.

You can also be able to install Visual C# 2010 Express side-by-side with VS2012, although I always install VS2010 first.

Chris

dear Cris,

Posted Image

is it possible to replacing that "Microsoft.VisualBasic" Versi 1.0.0.0 (see. pic) with "Microsoft.VisualBasic" library which include in framework 4.5 on "C:Program Files (x86)Reference AssembliesMicrosoftFramework.NETFrameworkv4.5Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll"

I found that some classes like microsoft.visualbasic.controlchars is not included on .NET MF 4.3 versa. please some advise

Regards

#24 Juzzer

Juzzer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts
  • LocationHertfordshire, UK

Posted 11 September 2013 - 06:34 PM

4.5 is the full framework which you cannot use. 4.3 if the latest microframework.

#25 Fahdil

Fahdil

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 07:39 PM

4.5 is the full framework which you cannot use.
4.3 if the latest microframework.

umm...

Acctually I did replacing the "microsoft.visualbasic.dll" v1.0.0.0 on NETMF4.2 with "microsoft.visualbasic.dll" V10.0.0 on Framework 4.5

here is my screencap...:

Posted Image

I didn't sure if it's OK to compile or not... I will let u know if it really work

But I just wonder, if it will cause an error later..?

btw, thx for the respon

#26 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 12 September 2013 - 08:12 AM

Hi Fahdil, Visual Basic compiles using VBCore for .NET MF. That enables apps which are just a few KB bigger, and eliminates the dependency on the VB runtime. As far as the VB runtime goes...if you include it in your project you'll want to use the version designed for .NET MF. It's a subset of the larger set found on the desktop, but it should be a pretty good subset. Does that help? Chris

#27 Fahdil

Fahdil

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 08:13 AM

Hi Fahdil, Visual Basic compiles using VBCore for .NET MF. That enables apps which are just a few KB bigger, and eliminates the dependency on the VB runtime. As far as the VB runtime goes...if you include it in your project you'll want to use the version designed for .NET MF. It's a subset of the larger set found on the desktop, but it should be a pretty good subset. Does that help? Chris

Hi Chris,

thanks for your info, I'll keep update if i found the bug later. anyway thanks :) ...

So Glad to secretLab team... Bravo... And By the way, Netduino will be so much cool if we have more Analog Pins ehehe :D

#28 Rik P.

Rik P.

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 12:38 PM

Hi Victor, Confirmed. .NET MF 4.3 will be the first version of the NETMF SDK to support VS2012. We are anticipating an alpha/beta release of NETMF 4.3 by next month. Chris

Hi Chris

What's the latest in regards to Netduino development using Professional/Ultimate versions of Visual Studio 2012 (or even 2013) at this time? I can see a lot of forum chatter relating to it being released 'imminently', back in 2012.

Thanks,

Richard.

---
Twitter: @rikp

#29 Austria Project

Austria Project

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 17 December 2013 - 08:33 PM

Hello i will also programming the Netduino Plus on the VS2012, i have installed the Framework 4.3 and 4.1

I have read all the answers, but I don't know where i can reference the "SecretLabs.NETMF.Hardware.dll" and "SecretLabs.NETMF.Hardware.Netduino.dll" ( i find this file on C:Program Files (x86)Secret LabsNetduino SDKAssembliesv4.1)

But how can i add or reference it in the VS2012? Is this a Programmcode or how i can i do this? I have searching in the Solution Explorer but i didn't found an Option do add the .dll files!

Also searching on google... the Threads that i found are to complicated for me, so please descripe it for a C# beginner!

Or have anybody a another idea to programm the Netduino Plus on VS2012?

Thanks you!

#30 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 17 December 2013 - 11:34 PM

Hi Austria Project, In Visual Studio 2012, when you create your project, create a "Netduino Plus 1 Application." This will automatically add in the references for you. Chris

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.