Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

Win 7 x64, White LED Only, USB not recognized

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 wlowman

wlowman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 04:01 AM

I've been deploying repeatedly to my Netduino for weeks without issue. I've been having a ball with it. Suddenly, my program locked up and the the white LED is only on. The blue LED never blinks. No smoke. I was unintentionally sending 3.3v to a pin setup as an output port. Maybe this fried the board? After no luck, I decided to erase the board. I jumpered the 3.3v pin to the gold square, restated my board. Still only the white LED (which I suppose is expected). Unfortunately, Windows 7 64 does not recognize the device now. So, I'm not able to install the new boot loader. I've tried everything I could on this page: http://wiki.netduino...p.ashx?HL=flash but none of the COM drivers are working for me. Could this be a Win 64 issue? Does someone have an alternative solution? Many thanks in advance! -Will

#2 phantomtypist

phantomtypist

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 11 September 2012 - 09:52 PM

You might want to try this: http://forums.netdui...5013#entry35013 Maybe you are in the same situation as I was?

#3 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 11 September 2012 - 10:57 PM

Hi Will, If you erase your mainboard by applying 3V3 to the ERASE pad, this will clear the application off your Netduino. When the board is erase, both the white and blue LEDs will turn on and stay on. It's the .NET MF firmware which turns off the blue LED after booting. Netduinos are designed to take a bit of abuse, but if your board is erased and only the white LED is turning on when the board is plugged in...the board is most likely damaged. :( How long have you had your Netduino? Chris P.S. injecting current into a pin which is being used as an OutputPort can cause short circuiting. Especially if the power source is external, the fuse and the diodes on the mainboard can't stop the flow of electrons.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.