GoPort IDC Headers (surface mount) now available - Netduino Go - Netduino Forums

Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

GoPort IDC Headers (surface mount) now available

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 29 August 2012 - 06:26 PM

For those who are building their own GoBus modules, the surface-mount GoPort IDC Headers ("GoSockets") are now available for sale in 10-packs. They come with a bonus Netduino "tiny box" as well :)

These are the same black headers found on Nwazet GoBus modules, Komodex GoBus modules, etc.

Amazon.com: GoPort IDC Headers (10 pack) -- Surface Mount

For those outside of the USA, your favorite Netduino authorized reseller can order these in as well. The PN is "goportheader_sm_10pack".

We should receive the through-hole versions of these headers in about 4-6 weeks. We'll have our photographer take photos of both types once they arrive...but in the meantime we wanted to make the SMD versions available.

Chris

#2 supra

supra

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 210 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 09 September 2012 - 10:34 AM

Amazon.com: GoPort IDC Headers (10 pack) -- Surface Mount

Chris

It is IDC shrouded male headers with 0.05" spacing frm amazon?Posted Image
There r no specification.Posted Image

#3 nakchak

nakchak

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 404 posts
  • LocationBristol, UK

Posted 09 September 2012 - 11:16 AM

they are the surface mount versions I.e don't have pins that stick through the board As Chris's post says they are the ones used by the various 3rd party module builders Nak.

#4 supra

supra

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 11:28 AM

they are the surface mount versions I.e don't have pins that stick through the board

As Chris's post says they are the ones used by the various 3rd party module builders

Nak.

Thank. I can use male pin headers for breadboard

#5 nakchak

nakchak

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 404 posts
  • LocationBristol, UK

Posted 09 September 2012 - 11:38 AM

they won't fit a breadboard for that. You need a breakout board like the one komodex makes or a gadgeteer socket breakout Nak.

#6 neslekkim

neslekkim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 350 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 09 September 2012 - 02:24 PM

Or this: http://www.proto-adv...IDC_Adapter.php The komodex one would be nice, but where to buy? And the reason that you cannot use the idc header on an breadboard, is the density of the pins, breadboards use 0.1" / 2.54mm pitch, and these are 0.05"/1.27mm pitch. That dense breadboards are less usefull :)

--
Asbjørn

#7 Nevyn

Nevyn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1072 posts
  • LocationNorth Yorkshire, UK

Posted 09 September 2012 - 03:13 PM

Or this:
http://www.proto-adv...IDC_Adapter.php

The komodex one would be nice, but where to buy?

And the reason that you cannot use the idc header on an breadboard, is the density of the pins, breadboards use 0.1" / 2.54mm pitch, and these are 0.05"/1.27mm pitch. That dense breadboards are less usefull :)

If Komodex do not have any of their breakout boards available then you could look at the Make Bread module. The pin headers are not marked correctly for GoBus but they do allow you to breakout the IDC header if you want to look at module development.

I can recommend the Komodex module though as it allows you to connect the ST-Link directly to the breadboard or have a pass through from the Netduino GO! - it's a cracking little board. I use it as my primary method of connecting to the STM8S even when I'm, not doing any module development.

Regards,
Mark

To be or not to be = 0xFF

Blogging about Netduino, .NET, STM8S and STM32 and generally waffling on about life

Follow @nevynuk on Twitter

#8 Matt Isenhower

Matt Isenhower

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 09 September 2012 - 03:28 PM

Hi neslekkim,

I should have these back in stock in a few weeks. I'll make a post in the forums when they're available.

Matt
Komodex Labs
Follow me on Twitter: @mattisenhower

#9 supra

supra

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 04:24 PM

If Komodex do not have any of their breakout boards available then you could look at the Make Bread module. The pin headers are not marked correctly for GoBus but they do allow you to breakout the IDC header if you want to look at module development.

Regards,
Mark

Excellent!Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image. That is what I'm looking for to fix inside scale model 1:64 remote car and also can fix 5-finger arm-bot.

#10 supra

supra

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 04:27 PM

Or this:
http://www.proto-adv...IDC_Adapter.php

And the reason that you cannot use the idc header on an breadboard, is the density of the pins, breadboards use 0.1" / 2.54mm pitch, and these are 0.05"/1.27mm pitch. That dense breadboards are less usefull :)

I needed 90 degrees IDC shrouded male header to fix my remote car and also 5-finger arm-bot

#11 TinkeringTurtle

TinkeringTurtle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 01:09 AM

Hi neslekkim,

I should have these back in stock in a few weeks. I'll make a post in the forums when they're available.

Matt

Great! Looking forward to it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.