Humidity/Temperature Module - Netduino Go - Netduino Forums

Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

Humidity/Temperature Module

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 pdii

pdii

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 08:38 PM

Is there a humidity/temperature module available for the Netduino Go? I'm a C# SD, not an EE and am hoping for something that can just plug into my Netduino Go. Thanks!

#2 ByteMaster

ByteMaster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 09:13 PM

Hello pdii -

Is there a humidity/temperature module available for the Netduino Go?

I've got a project on deck that will incorporate this into a module, does this one look like it might work for you?

DHT11

-twb
Kevin D. Wolf
Windows Phone Development MVP
President Software Logistics, LLC
Tampa, FL

#3 neslekkim

neslekkim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 350 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 25 August 2012 - 10:30 PM

also check out the dht22, check out the differences: http://learn.adafruit.com/dht

--
Asbjørn

#4 Arron Chapman

Arron Chapman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 289 posts
  • LocationOregon, USA

Posted 26 August 2012 - 01:05 AM

I'm hoping to have a Temperature Sensor module on the market before the end of the year. With any luck it'll be in the next ~2 months.

When you talk EE use small words, I'm just a Software Developer :)
My Blog/Site and Everything Else

If my post helped you please consider pressing the "Like This" button in the bottom right-hand corner.

Oh my. So many things, so little money!!

#5 pdii

pdii

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 02:12 PM

I think the dht11 would be enough for taking measurements around my house, but I'd buy a dht22 based go module if that was available.

#6 ByteMaster

ByteMaster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 02:00 PM

also check out the dht22, check out the differences: http://learn.adafruit.com/dht

The dht22 looks like a much better fit for what I need with the better accuracy, thanks for sharing!
Kevin D. Wolf
Windows Phone Development MVP
President Software Logistics, LLC
Tampa, FL

#7 JerseyTechGuy

JerseyTechGuy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 870 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 03:16 PM

I've always used the SHT11 or SHT15 sensors and preferred them over the DHTxx. Has anyone else used them and have an opinion on a module using these? I will likely need to develop a GO Module using the SHTxx mid 2013 for another project.

#8 neslekkim

neslekkim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 350 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 27 August 2012 - 08:43 PM

The dht22 looks like a much better fit for what I need with the better accuracy, thanks for sharing!

I bought some dht11, and found that the resolution was unusable for my need, worth nothing that you need to poll the dht22 somewhat slower, but hey, under what circumstances do you need it faster than 1-2 sec (for the humidity)?, in a sauna perhaps.
If it's only temperature an ds18b20 would suffice a long way. (or the lm35/37, but then you need to have one for farenheit, and one for celcius.. and don't you dare come with something that is not metric :) :) )

--
Asbjørn

#9 neslekkim

neslekkim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 350 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 27 August 2012 - 08:47 PM

I've always used the SHT11 or SHT15 sensors and preferred them over the DHTxx. Has anyone else used them and have an opinion on a module using these? I will likely need to develop a GO Module using the SHTxx mid 2013 for another project.

Is there any difference between dht and sht?, except how you solder them? it seems that they have very slow response time though? couldnt find info about accuracy either?

--
Asbjørn

#10 Arron Chapman

Arron Chapman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 289 posts
  • LocationOregon, USA

Posted 28 August 2012 - 02:02 AM

Is there any difference between dht and sht?, except how you solder them? it seems that they have very slow response time though? couldnt find info about accuracy either?

DHT22 has a margin of error of +/-0.5C and a maximum sample rate of 0.5hz (once per 2 seconds).
DHT11 has a margin of error of +/-2-5C and a maximum sample rate of 1hz.

Edit, Disregard me, I'm an idiot.

Edited by Arron Chapman, 28 August 2012 - 02:08 AM.

When you talk EE use small words, I'm just a Software Developer :)
My Blog/Site and Everything Else

If my post helped you please consider pressing the "Like This" button in the bottom right-hand corner.

Oh my. So many things, so little money!!

#11 CW2

CW2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1592 posts
  • LocationCzech Republic

Posted 28 August 2012 - 06:22 AM

Is there any difference between dht and sht?

Sensirion SHTxx are high-quality sensors, with great accuracy, fully calibrated (and rather expensive). DHTxx are not Posted Image

#12 neslekkim

neslekkim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 350 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 28 August 2012 - 08:25 AM

Ah, I'm fooled by ebay then :), when you search for sht15, you find dht22 ads, where they write that dht22 replaces sht11 and 15.

--
Asbjørn

#13 CW2

CW2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1592 posts
  • LocationCzech Republic

Posted 28 August 2012 - 09:07 AM

...when you search for sht15...

Sensirion Digital Humidity & Temperature Sensors

SHT1x and SHT7x sensors use proprietary I2C-like protocol ("The sensor cannot be addressed by I2C protocol; however, the sensor can be connected to an I2C bus without interference with other devices connected to the bus. The controller must switch between the protocols."). SHT2x sensors use proper I2C protocol; they are also available in PWM and SDM variants.

DHTxx (RHTxx etc.) sensors use proprietary single wire protocol (not to be confused with Maxim/Dallas 1-Wire), the main difference between DHT11 and DHT22 is the start signal duration (18 ms vs. 1 ms), the following 40 bit stream waveform is the same.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.