Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

LiPo charger recommendations?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Dustin

Dustin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 03:59 PM

I'm looking for a good LiPo battery charger. Something semi universal as I need it to at least be able to charge 2 and 3 cell batteries from 300mAh up to 3Ah or 4Ah. At the moment, all of my batteries are 7.4v. I've looked around quite a bit and keep finding chargers that seem very sketchy after reading their descriptions and reviews. The one that sparkfun suggests has been out of stock for a while. Can anyone suggest one that they've used and are happy with? Thanks.

#2 Paul

Paul

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 05:12 PM

I'm looking for a good LiPo battery charger. Something semi universal as I need it to at least be able to charge 2 and 3 cell batteries from 300mAh up to 3Ah or 4Ah. At the moment, all of my batteries are 7.4v. I've looked around quite a bit and keep finding chargers that seem very sketchy after reading their descriptions and reviews. The one that sparkfun suggests has been out of stock for a while.

Can anyone suggest one that they've used and are happy with?

Thanks.

Check out "Hobby King," http://www.hobbyking...re/uh_index.asp
Very highly rated for price and customer service. I did a quick check and under the battery listings there are seven pages of charger products.

Paul

#3 Mustang

Mustang

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationDetroit, Michigan

Posted 20 November 2010 - 02:04 AM

I fly Electric Helicopters in the 400-450 and 600 class. I have an older charger, but I am charging 11.7 V 3 cell LiPos. The replacement for my charger is: http://www.horizonho...dID=THP610CACDC Remember, you want a balancer. LiPos are VERY VOLATILE. If the cells get out of balance, there is a good chance that you will have a meltdown. These cells can go from room temp to over 2,000 degrees F in seconds. NEVER charge them on anything combustable. I charge them in my garage, in a fire-safe. In case of a meltdown.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.