Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

Mini Upgrade Woes

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#21 Coding Smackdown

Coding Smackdown

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts
  • LocationLewisville, TX USA

Posted 23 August 2012 - 05:35 AM

Any time frame on fixing the RS232 version of the firmware?
Brewing Award Winning Beer with a Netduino!
http://diybrewery.com

#22 SteveS

SteveS

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 04:42 PM

OK. I have upgraded the firmware to TTL successfully. However, I cannot deploy the transport selector, nor can I build it for 4.2 and deploy it. However, it reassures me somewhat that I haven't done anything with the mini to permanently destroy it. Also, I have deployed an app to it that uses the 12v serial connection successfully, so I'm almost there... Is there a prebuilt 4.2 transport selector anywhere I can download and deploy? SteveS

#23 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 30 August 2012 - 05:18 PM

Hi SteveS,

Is there a prebuilt 4.2 transport selector anywhere I can download and deploy?

Here is the project source. If you switch it to NETMF 4.2, you should be able to deploy and run it on your Netduino Mini.

Please let us know how this works for you. We're making one other small change, and hope to have a revised RS232 firmware image shortly.

Chris

Attached Files

#24 SteveS

SteveS

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 08:11 AM

Please let us know how this works for you.
Chris

Hi Chris

Not exactly good news. I was able to build and deploy it, but it doesn't seem to run. I have Putty running on both a USB/TTL adaptor connected to Tx0/Rx0 and on COM1 connected to DTX0/DRX0, and nothing seems to be coming out of either port.

I am going to try 'hard-setting' the transport port using the code in the selector as a guide, to see if that works.
Unfortunately it's been a busy weekend, so I wasn't able to do this yet.

SteveS

#25 SteveS

SteveS

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 09:12 PM

Hi Chris

Not exactly good news. I was able to build and deploy it, but it doesn't seem to run. I have Putty running on both a USB/TTL adaptor connected to Tx0/Rx0 and on COM1 connected to DTX0/DRX0, and nothing seems to be coming out of either port.

I am going to try 'hard-setting' the transport port using the code in the selector as a guide, to see if that works.
Unfortunately it's been a busy weekend, so I wasn't able to do this yet.

SteveS

I tried setting the interface to Com1 and Com2, neither of which seem to make the RS232 port work as the transport, so I guess I will need to wait for the new firmware. :(

SteveS

#26 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 03 September 2012 - 10:57 PM

Hi SteveS, Thanks for testing this. It might be seeing the same core issue. We'll pull it in and try to fix both at the same time. Can you use TTL for deployment for the moment? Chris

#27 SteveS

SteveS

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 07:59 AM

Hi SteveS,

Thanks for testing this. It might be seeing the same core issue. We'll pull it in and try to fix both at the same time.

You're welcome. I've been a software developer for 30+ years, so I know how it is. Stuff happens.

Can you use TTL for deployment for the moment?

Chris

As it happens, yes - I'll be doing some work on an N, rather than a mini for the next phase of my project.

SteveS

#28 Ron13

Ron13

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 10:00 PM

Chris, I'm having the same problem that Steve is having. Been struggling with this all day until I found this thread that explains what is going on. Our prototype units are running on the NetduinoPlus perfectly. We're ready to begin a production design using the Mini. Just wanted you to know that I'm waiting on this RS232 firmware update also. Any updates yet? Ron

#29 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 08 September 2012 - 11:03 PM

Hi Ron, We're currently looking at 19-Sep for a first update to the Netduino Mini firmware. We're syncing it was a PWM update for all Netduinos, so it needs a few days of lockdown and testing. I'll post as soon as it's ready. Chris

#30 Coding Smackdown

Coding Smackdown

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts
  • LocationLewisville, TX USA

Posted 22 September 2012 - 05:31 AM

Just finished flashing my two Netduino Minis to the 4.2.0.1 RS-232 Firmware and it went off without a hitch. Thanks guys for getting this fix out so quickly.
Brewing Award Winning Beer with a Netduino!
http://diybrewery.com

#31 SteveS

SteveS

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 05:09 PM

Great! After a somewhat tiresome day at the office yesterday (and Saturday isn't a good day for that anyway), I have had a fun 20 minutes reflashing my mini devices. I am very pleased to report that it all went smoothly, and I'm now planning on doing the same with my N/N+ boards to bring them up to the latest firmware. Many thanks, Chris. SteveS

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.