Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

How to install (or upgrade to) .NET Micro Framework v4.2 SDK

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#21 Coding Smackdown

Coding Smackdown

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts
  • LocationLewisville, TX USA

Posted 19 September 2012 - 05:42 AM

Thanks that worked out just fine.
Brewing Award Winning Beer with a Netduino!
http://diybrewery.com

#22 Eriond

Eriond

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 12:46 PM

Hi,

Sorry that my first post on the forum had to be a "I can't get the stuff to work"-kind, but still:
After installing VS2010 (I used to have 2010 Express, which I understand won't be enough), and the .Net MF4.2.0 and the Netduino SDK, I get this boring error:
Posted Image

This is what I select just berfore the error is displayed:
Posted Image

Any suggestions to what I should check/try?

Thanks,
Eriond

#23 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 16 October 2012 - 06:14 PM

Hi Eriond, No worries :) There are no basic .NET MF templates in Visual Studio...so I'm guessing that the .NET MF SDK didn't get installed to the proper place. Can you please do the following? 1. Uninstall the Netduino SDK 2. Uninstall the .NET MF 4.2 SDK 3. Install the latest .NET MF 4.2 QFE2 SDK (from our Downloads page) 4. Install the latest Netduino 4.2 SDK (from our Downloads page) That should get you back up and running. If not, we can ping Microsoft to see if there's a manual way to install... Welcome to the Netduino community, Chris

#24 Old Hack

Old Hack

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 11:29 PM

Hey guys, I really hope someone can help me. I am in the middle of this update and I believe I have followed every instruction thus far to the letter but now I am on the step to install TinyBooterDecompresssor.bin and I cannot find that file anywhere on my system drive or other drives. I am on a 64-bit Windows 2008 RC2 server (I use as development also) and have searched every way I know but no luck. I have also turned on the option to Show Hidden and System files. Please help as my Netduino Plus is now in a "bricked" state. If someone can just attach the file to this thread that would be great. Thanks!

#25 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 03 November 2012 - 09:16 PM

Hi Old Hack,

I am in the middle of this update and I believe I have followed every instruction thus far to the letter but now I am on the step to install TinyBooterDecompresssor.bin and I cannot find that file anywhere on my system drive or other drives.

No worries, let's see if we can get you up and running.

TinyBooterDecompressor.bin is included with the flash files for each Netduino firmware release.

Here's a link to the v4.2.0.1 firmware for Netduino Plus, as an example:
http://forums.netdui...-v420-update-1/

When you unzip the main attachment, the TinyBooterDecompressor.bin file will be in the folder you unzipped to.

The latest firmware is generally posted at the top of each product forum.

Please let us know if you need any other help getting your board reflashed,

Chris

#26 JerseyTechGuy

JerseyTechGuy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 870 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 02:12 PM

I'm having an issue upgrading a Netduino Plus board. Here are the pre-update steps I performed: 1) Uninstalled 4.2 QFE1 2) Uninstalled the 4.2 SDK 3) Installed 4.2 QFE2 4) Installed 4.2 SDK Then I started the update of the board: 1) Erased the board jumping the erase Pad to 3v3 (reboot board) 2) Using SAM BA 2.11 I followed the appropriate steps and uploaded TinyBooterDecompressor.bin 4.2.0.1 (reboot board) 3) Using MFDeploy, I flashed ER_CONFIG and ER_FLASH 4.2.0.1. (reboot board). (*** NOTE: ER_FLASH is taking a minute or so. Never remembered it taking so long. I get SIGNATURE PASS from ER_CONFIG, but the Sig Check never returns anything from ER_FLASH). Here is where the problem starts... I reconnect to the Netduino using MFDeploy and when I try to setup networking, I get an error after a long delay. The Error says "Device has old or unsupported configuration" After this, I cannot connect to the board again. I get an error saying "Failure - Device NetduinoPlus_NetduinoPlus is invalid or not responding" anyone ever encounter this? Any thoughts on a solution?

#27 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 15 November 2012 - 06:52 PM

Hi Dave,

I reconnect to the Netduino using MFDeploy and when I try to setup networking, I get an error after a long delay. The

For Netduino Plus 1, the new WinUSB drivers in NETMF have changed the operation steps for MFDeploy a bit.

After flashing your board, unplug it. Hold down the pushbutton and then plug it into your PC using USB. This will put it back into TinyBooter mode.

Then go ahead and change the network settings. When you've saved them, unplug and reattach your Netduino Plus 1. You should be good to go.

This is a feature/limitation of the built-in WinUSB drivers. We've added extra hardware to Netduino Plus 2 and Netduino Go so that users don't need this extra step. So this is specific to Netduino Plus 1 only.

Does that get you back up and running?

Chris

#28 JerseyTechGuy

JerseyTechGuy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 870 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 07:34 PM

Hi Dave,

For Netduino Plus 1, the new WinUSB drivers in NETMF have changed the operation steps for MFDeploy a bit.

After flashing your board, unplug it. Hold down the pushbutton and then plug it into your PC using USB. This will put it back into TinyBooter mode.

Then go ahead and change the network settings. When you've saved them, unplug and reattach your Netduino Plus 1. You should be good to go.

This is a feature/limitation of the built-in WinUSB drivers. We've added extra hardware to Netduino Plus 2 and Netduino Go so that users don't need this extra step. So this is specific to Netduino Plus 1 only.

Does that get you back up and running?

Chris

Changing this one step, it now says "Unable to erase configuration section memory" when I try to click OK on the Network Configuration window.

After this happens, MFDeploy cannot seem to find the board anymore.

#29 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 15 November 2012 - 08:04 PM

Hi Dave,

Changing this one step, it now says "Unable to erase configuration section memory" when I try to click OK on the Network Configuration window.

After this happens, MFDeploy cannot seem to find the board anymore.

So sorry for the troubles that you're experiencing. Can you please erase the board and follow the steps exactly one more time? And then if it doesn't work, let me know and I can hop on chat and help diagnose?

Chris

#30 JerseyTechGuy

JerseyTechGuy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 870 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 08:36 PM

Hi Dave,

So sorry for the troubles that you're experiencing. Can you please erase the board and follow the steps exactly one more time? And then if it doesn't work, let me know and I can hop on chat and help diagnose?

Chris

I've tried it about a 1/2 dozen times with the same results.

#31 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 15 November 2012 - 08:42 PM

I've tried it about a 1/2 dozen times with the same results.

You have PM.

Chris

#32 JerseyTechGuy

JerseyTechGuy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 870 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 09:55 PM

Ok, just an update. Got my ND+ working again. Here were the steps and symptoms:

1) Erase board
2) Use SAM-BA to install TinyBooter
3) Use MFDeploy to update firmware to 4.2.0.1
4) Reboot board into Bootloader (hold button and power up).
5) Try to set Network configuration and it would fail with message that it could not update memory location.

So, this problem ended up as a Driver issue. I was using the WinUSB driver. When I switched to the MFUSB driver, everything was configured correctly. (Here's a good link by Chris on switching drivers)

After this, I swapped drivers back to prevent the BSOD I would get while using MFUSB. Everything seems to work correctly now.

#33 Jake Kapp

Jake Kapp

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 12:52 PM

I see Framework v4.3 beta is available, I would like to upgrade my netduino firmware to v4.3, as well. Does anyone know where the firmware can be downloaded?

#34 Stefan

Stefan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1965 posts
  • LocationBreda, the Netherlands

Posted 16 November 2012 - 01:04 PM

Hi Jake, The 4.3 firmware is not yet available. When it is available, it'll be posted in the beta-section of this forum: http://forums.netdui...re-and-drivers/
"Fact that I'm a moderator doesn't make me an expert in things." Stefan, the eternal newb!
My .NETMF projects: .NETMF Toolbox / Gadgeteer Light / Some PCB designs

#35 Jake Kapp

Jake Kapp

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:21 PM

Hi Jake,

The 4.3 firmware is not yet available. When it is available, it'll be posted in the beta-section of this forum:
http://forums.netdui...re-and-drivers/

Thank you for the info.

#36 hanzibal

hanzibal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1287 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 02 February 2013 - 10:02 PM

Wrong thread, sorry.

#37 Bert Plus

Bert Plus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 07:44 AM

Thanks DaveVanderWekke and Chris for your earlier posts on the USB driver.

I thought I had bricked my very first Netduino Plus when I ran into exactly the same problem DaveVanderWekke describes.

After flashing the firmware I never got a succesful 'Signature check' message but consistently got  something like 'sig ch'.

Also, I wasn't able to change the network configuration and instead got a timeout or 'Device has old or unsupported configuration' message. 

Changing to the MF USB drivers solved it and I'm up and running again!

#38 Dr Who

Dr Who

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 261 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 10 July 2013 - 01:12 AM

To install the .NET Micro Framework v4.2 SDK

[*]Install the .NET Micro Framework SDK v4.2 (QFE2)
    [*]Install the Netduino SDK v4.2: 64-bit or 32-bit
    [/list]To upgrade to the .NET Micro Framework v4.2 SDK

[*]Uninstall the Netduino SDK v4.1
      [*]Uninstall the .NET Micro Framework SDK v4.1
      [*]Install the .NET Micro Framework SDK v4.2 (QFE2)
      [*]Install the Netduino SDK v4.2: 64-bit or 32-bit
      [/list]To upgrade a project (for Netduinos flashed with .NET MF 4.2)

[*]Click on the Project menu, then click on "<ProjectName> Properties" in the menu.
        [*]Select the "Application" tab
        [*]Select the desired "Target Framework" in the pull-down (either v4.1 or v4.2)
        [/list]If you try to deploy a .NET MF 4.1 project to a .NET MF 4.2 board (or vice-versa), Visual Studio will tell you that the assembly libraries' versions do not match.

Compatibility with .NET MF 4.1 projects and boards
        The new SDKs will work with Netduinos flashed with .NET MF v4.1.

New AnalogInput and PWM classes -- backwards-compatibility notes
        .NET MF 4.2 adds new AnalogInput and PWM classes. To use the earlier SecretLabs' AnalogInput and PWM classes, add the respective assembly as a reference in your project and use the full "namespace + class name" of the classes.

For instance, to use SecretLabs.NETMF.Hardware.PWM (instead of the new Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware.PWM class):
        // add SecretLabs.NETMF.Hardware.PWM.dll as a reference to your project.// PWM pwm = new PWM(Pins.GPIO_PIN_D5);// becomes...SecretLabs.NETMF.Hardware.PWM pwm = new SecretLabs.NETMF.Hardware.PWM(Pins.GPIO_PIN_D5);
        Chris

Hello!

Chris I'm just returning to the Netduino families, and, ah, as it happens I recall that I did indeed succeed in flashing the appropriate boot engines to both devices, and the equally appropriate firmware sets to them. In starting up all over again I installed those sets. Is there anything else I need to do?  [Update: The available downloads for N2 boards are not appropriate for N1 boards. And that includes the Mini.]

Chris for those of us who still use the N1 family of boards, but not the N+ series would need the SDK for 4.2 but not the 4.2.20 one. The 4.2 one needs to be put back up, or complete instructions for working out how to have an original board both the N1 and the Mini respond to the 4.2.20 one, and that includes the bootloader we flash to our boards.

Edited by Dr Who, 10 July 2013 - 03:17 AM.

Doctor Who
"This signature does not exist!"

#39 Antonio Florencio

Antonio Florencio

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 31 December 2014 - 12:04 PM

Hi Chris, Can I use the OneWire library of NETMF 4.2 with Netduino 1 and the firmware 4.2.0.1?
I'm trying it, but always get a "'System.NotSupportedException' in Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware.OneWire.dll"

#40 Sandro

Sandro

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 28 May 2022 - 07:26 AM

https://kerbymethodconsulting.com/درجة-الحرارة-في-قطر-74768/ https://advocatesnairobi.com/سعر-ورقة-الدولار-اليوم/ https://advocatesnairobi.com/اى-سمسار/ https://myfemalefunda.com/اي-محيط-يحيط-جزر-المالديف/ https://sanakanwalfashion.com/امازون-السعودي/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.