Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

Character LCD Module

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#41 mtylerjr

mtylerjr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts
  • LocationChristchurch, New Zealand

Posted 16 August 2012 - 01:04 AM

Don't forget: the Nwazet one also has touch. ;)

Yes, absolutely, its apples and oranges. The Nwazet LCD is awesome. I didnt mean to imply that the character display module would replace the nwazet touch screen!

But now I should be able to display team member chat on the character display, and not have to clutter up my Skyrim rendering on the nwazet touch screen. :D

#42 QuantumPhysGuy

QuantumPhysGuy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts
  • LocationKentucky, USA

Posted 28 September 2012 - 12:41 PM

Any word on a release date for this module yet? Looking forward to getting my hands on one.

#43 Matt Isenhower

Matt Isenhower

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 29 September 2012 - 06:15 AM

Hi QuantumPhysGuy,

Any word on a release date for this module yet? Looking forward to getting my hands on one.

The Character LCD module should start shipping within the next 3-4 weeks. The design and layout have been finalized and the boards have been sent off for production, and I'm just waiting on some parts to come back in stock so I can send them off for assembly. Once I have everything in place I'll begin accepting preorders :)

A few other notes: the final design of the module works with both common anode and common cathode RGB backlights, selectable via solder jumpers. The module will ship with resistors in place for the backlight LEDs, but these resistors could be bypassed for use with LCDs that have integrated resistors. This will enable the module to work with a wide variety of LCDs and backlight configurations.

I've also tested the module with larger, 20x4 character LCD displays. These work exactly as you'd expect, and I've updated the firmware and drivers to make use of these larger displays.

Anyway, just a few more weeks and these should be available. The hardest part of hardware development is waiting :)

Matt
Komodex Labs
Follow me on Twitter: @mattisenhower

#44 Lunddahl

Lunddahl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts
  • LocationEurope, Denmark

Posted 15 October 2012 - 10:54 AM

Anyway, just a few more weeks and these should be available. The hardest part of hardware development is waiting :)

Sure is, when can we expect to be able to order the modules.?

- Ulrik

#45 Lunddahl

Lunddahl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 09:58 AM

Matt, any news, i would like to purchase a few of your charter LCD modules. - Ulrik Lunddahl

#46 Nevyn

Nevyn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1072 posts
  • LocationNorth Yorkshire, UK

Posted 09 December 2012 - 02:52 PM

Matt, any news, i would like to purchase a few of your charter LCD modules.

Seconded !

Regards,
Mark

To be or not to be = 0xFF

Blogging about Netduino, .NET, STM8S and STM32 and generally waffling on about life

Follow @nevynuk on Twitter

#47 Gerald

Gerald

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationBoston, MA

Posted 12 January 2013 - 09:53 PM

Thirded. I will buy this the instant its available.

Regards,

Gerry

#48 Lunddahl

Lunddahl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 11:29 AM

And i'm still interested...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.