GY-85 9 DOF IMU Sensor - General Discussion - Netduino Forums

Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

GY-85 9 DOF IMU Sensor

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Bendage

Bendage

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts
  • LocationIrvine, CA

Posted 07 August 2012 - 04:44 PM

Hey Everyone,

Anybody have any experience with this board? Bought one from Ebay without realizing it uses I2C, and for the life of me I can't find a PDF on the specs which would include addresses for each of the 3 chipsets.

Thanks!

Posted Image

#2 carb

carb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 352 posts
  • LocationCrystal River, Florida

Posted 08 August 2012 - 12:30 AM

Bendage, Nice board but not much good without a manual. I would try requesting information from the seller and just add that you can't leave good feedback if they don't provide the information needed to use the board. It has worked for me in the past. Most sellers don't like to get bad ratings. Good luck, please let us know how it turns out. Chuck

#3 Bendage

Bendage

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts
  • LocationIrvine, CA

Posted 08 August 2012 - 04:25 PM

Chuck, Thanks for the reply. I bought it a year ago, but I have contacted 8 vendors currently selling it. We shall see what happens. Someone sent me specs on GY-80 but it uses 2 of 3 diff chipsets. Keep you posted... Brian

#4 mruser1

mruser1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 01:41 PM

Brian, did you manage to get a datasheet or schematic? I have looked everywhere over the net and cant find one!

#5 neslekkim

neslekkim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 350 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 25 September 2012 - 03:36 PM

seems like they have made it to work here: http://www.multiwii....t=1598&start=30

--
Asbjørn

#6 neslekkim

neslekkim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 350 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 25 September 2012 - 03:52 PM

from https://code.google....MultiWii/def.h: #if defined(GY_85) #define ITG3200 #define ADXL345 #define HMC5883 #define ACC_ORIENTATION(X, Y, Z) {accADC[ROLL] = -X; accADC[PITCH] = -Y; accADC[YAW] = Z;} #define GYRO_ORIENTATION(X, Y, Z) {gyroADC[ROLL] = Y; gyroADC[PITCH] = -X; gyroADC[YAW] = -Z;} #define MAG_ORIENTATION(X, Y, Z) {magADC[ROLL] = X; magADC[PITCH] = Y; magADC[YAW] = -Z;} #undef INTERNAL_I2C_PULLUPS #define ADXL345_ADDRESS 0x53 #endif and in this one: https://code.google....Wii/Sensors.ino #define ITG3200_ADDRESS 0X68 for hmc: #define MAG_ADDRESS 0x1E #define MAG_DATA_REGISTER 0x03 And lot of other stuff it that repository also

--
Asbjørn

#7 supra

supra

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 210 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 26 September 2012 - 01:47 AM

Hey Everyone,

Anybody have any experience with this board? Bought one from Ebay without realizing it uses I2C, and for the life of me I can't find a PDF on the specs which would include addresses for each of the 3 chipsets.

Thanks!

Buying frm ebay seller is ripped u off. Direct factory frm china cost US$29.99 with free shipping and without quantity. The module could be faked or counterfeited. The module will not guaranteed, will last frm one yrs to 5 yrs or more.

Here is good link:
GY-85

Scroll to bottom to see 9 DOF. The latest one is GY-86. with 10 DOF There is huge code and value code too.

Also in US, there is a robot magazine that carried everything, also made in USA too. And also including articles abt NETDUINO tooPosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Arduino is selling US$18.00.

Good luck

#8 supra

supra

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 210 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 26 September 2012 - 03:26 AM

@Bendage

Here is link for GY-85
Gy-85

Look at arduino code. Then u can convert to Netdunio framework.

#9 Dolphin_78

Dolphin_78

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 10:38 PM

I dont know how to wire it :( i have a device and not idea how to use it.

#10 Vielfalt

Vielfalt

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 05:10 AM

I am using this sensor with an Arduino and this https://github.com/p...ter-calibration

It works, but I am not sure what the sensors output. Is the gyro really DEG/s or RAD/s or something else? Is the MAG really m/s²? See http://forum.unity3d...meter?p=1368144, too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.