Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

problem starting with microsoft visual studio

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 nbayondo

nbayondo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 01:02 PM

Good day all i'm a newbie in netduino and a microsoft visual studio(c #). i recently installed microsoft visual studio on my laptop,and i have install the micro framework sdk and the netduino sdk because i'm using netduino for the project i'm busy with. but i'm having a problem to open a new project with the microsoft visual studio ( c#),every time i try saving the project after a select the netduino application under microsoft frame work it says " the Project file'c://document and settings/nbayondo/local settings/temp/eclaspp2.gif/temp/Netduino Application2.csproj' cannot be opened...the project type is not supported by this application." could please help me to sort out this problem. thanks in advance

#2 Victor M.

Victor M.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts
  • LocationRio de Janeiro, Brazil

Posted 04 August 2012 - 02:39 PM

HI Nbayondo,
First of all, be sure the .NET MF is installed. To do it, open Visual Studio alone, click in New Project and try to find in Visual C# the option Micro Framework. If you can do it, the .NET MF is correctly installed.
Other problem you could have is the *sln file, If you are open I project made in Visual Studio Ultimate and try to opening on Visual Studio Express *.sln file could be cause a trouble, so delete de *.sln file (most times this file is in the same folder that project file *.sln).

PS: Sorry my bad English!

Victor.

Good day all
i'm a newbie in netduino and a microsoft visual studio(c #). i recently installed microsoft visual studio on my laptop,and i have install the micro framework sdk and the netduino sdk because i'm using netduino for the project i'm busy with. but i'm having a problem to open a new project with the microsoft visual studio ( c#),every time i try saving the project after a select the netduino application under microsoft frame work it says " the Project file'c://document and settings/nbayondo/local settings/temp/eclaspp2.gif/temp/Netduino Application2.csproj' cannot be opened...the project type is not supported by this application." could please help me to sort out this problem. thanks in advance

Attached Files

#3 nbayondo

nbayondo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 05:54 AM

thanks alot so i should try and save the new project under an other folder if i got you(Victor M.) correctly....i'll try that and thank you so much for your help i really appreciate it....i'll try and give you the response

#4 nbayondo

nbayondo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 04:15 PM

good day, sorry i come back late with the response, i am still experiencing the same problem of opening a new project visual studio professional 2010(c#). could you please help me in this situations.thank you in advance

#5 plakias

plakias

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 07:45 PM

good day, sorry i come back late with the response, i am still experiencing the same problem of opening a new project visual studio professional 2010(c#). could you please help me in this situations.thank you in advance

I have today the same problem with visual basic 2010 express.
First of all I started with c# in visual studio 2010 express. This is working fine.
To test a visual basic solution I installed the basic version, updated to SP1 and getting the same error: the project type is not supported by this installation.

Then I tried to create a project with netduino plus template, other error and same problem: the project file cannot be created.
Creating a windows forms project, no problem at all.
I use the .NET SDK 4.2 (QFE2) micro framework on a windows xp home computer.

#6 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 10 November 2012 - 08:10 PM

Hi plakias, Can you try uninstalling and then reinstalling the NETMF 4.2 and Netduino SDKs? The error seems to indicate that Visual Basic doesn't understand the NETMF project type. Chris

#7 plakias

plakias

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 09:12 AM

Hi plakias,

Can you try uninstalling and then reinstalling the NETMF 4.2 and Netduino SDKs?

The error seems to indicate that Visual Basic doesn't understand the NETMF project type.

Chris

Hello Chris,

I uninstalled and reinstalled the NETMF 4.2.
Started C# visual studio 2010. Project loads ok.
Started vb visual studio 2010. The project loads ok.

Reinstalling .NET framework SDK 4.2 did the trick.

Thank you!

ps: It was not my intention to hijack this topic.

#8 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 11 November 2012 - 05:25 PM

Reinstalling .NET framework SDK 4.2 did the trick.

Thank you!

ps: It was not my intention to hijack this topic.

No problem! We're here to help. Glad you're up and running and hopefully this thread helps others who might find themselves in the same situation.

Chris

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.