Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

Losing USB Connectivity

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 baxter

baxter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 04:40 AM

I installed all of the latest Netduino Plus software (.NET Micro Framework v4.2 QFE1 SDK, Firmware_Netduino_4.2.0.0_RC5, NETDUINO_4.2_SIGNED_DRIVERS) on a new machine running Win 7 Home Premium. The netduino now loses USB connectivity after a period of time, but remains powered (LED is on). This behavior is consistent and not random. I am not certain how long it takes to lose connectivity, but it is of the order of 1 to 2 hrs (possibly, shorter). I am running a web server and it also drops off the LAN. If I unplug/replug the USB cable, I can ping ok with MFDeploy and watching the DHCP Clients list on my router, the IP address comes back. In short, unplugging and replugging restores everything. This is not related to Windows messing with the ports. I moved the USB connection from a powered hub to a direct machine port and the same thing happens. This is unique to the Netduino because I have 5 other devices connected to the same machine and they never lose connectivity. My elderly VISTA machine running MF 4.2 RC1 and the original USB drivers never gave this problem. Any ideas for a fix? Baxter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.