Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

COM3

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Arbiter

Arbiter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts
  • LocationBrisbane, Australia

Posted 31 July 2012 - 02:31 AM

COM1 is D0,D1 COM2 is D2,D3 Is it possible to create a COM3 on some other pins, and if so what should I read first? I have a GPS shield on COM1, a SM5100B GPRS shield on COM2 and I'd like to connect multiple servo controllers on COM3. Luckily the servo controllers are designed to share a single COM port - you assign each controller a different ID number and broadcast commands on the serial port; a controller will only execute those commands addressed to it. I'm building robot spiders as part of my plan for world domination.
One day, all this too shall parse.

#2 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 31 July 2012 - 03:13 AM

Hi Arbiter, The serial ports are hardware serial ports. There are two on Netduino Plus (which you're using right now). Just FYI...the new Shield Base has an additional serial port (COM3) on pins D7/D8. If you want to deploy your NETMF code directly to the Shield Base you can use it today. We'll also be enabling its use from the Netduino Go mainboard shortly... Chris

#3 Arbiter

Arbiter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts
  • LocationBrisbane, Australia

Posted 31 July 2012 - 05:44 AM

Thanks Chris.

It's not vital, I am simply exploring my options.

Though I may use Go for the spider project it is inherently an exercise in distributed processing. It is likely that each leg will have its own Go or N+ and these will in turn be coordinated by a central board (or even a full scale computer). N+ has built in ethernet which is the ultimate bus; if I do it that way the ganglia don't need GPS and comms is via ethernet rather than GPRS, and the unit that does have GPS and GPRS doesn't connect directly to any servo controllers.

What are the PWM options for Go?
One day, all this too shall parse.

#4 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 31 July 2012 - 06:07 AM

What are the PWM options for Go?

The Shield Base has 6 PWMs, and we're working on a Motor Driver module. Other may be working on some PWM-related options as well...

Chris

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.