Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

Floating pins

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Metalith

Metalith

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 03:18 PM

Another problem post. Anyway, Im having an issue with the N+ giving off current on, what I am assuming to be, floating pins because they are not being used. All of the pins that are not used are emitting some current. While I am without a multimeter I am verifying this with an led, which is lit but dim when connected to a gnd and any port. I was just talking to a friend of mine and was told this might be a short in the board. Just curious if this is as bad as he said.

#2 Mario Vernari

Mario Vernari

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1768 posts
  • LocationVenezia, Italia

Posted 19 July 2012 - 03:24 PM

Most unused pins have an internal pull-up resistor to ensure a well-defined voltage when left unconnected. That's the way you have a weak current flowing out these pins. No short this time! Cheers
Biggest fault of Netduino? It runs by electricity.

#3 Metalith

Metalith

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 03:47 PM

Oh good, thanks for the quick answer. Granted not too sure what it means but theres google for that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.