Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

Some questions about Netduino Plus

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 mohammad

mohammad

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 08:21 PM

Hello all, I have a Netduino Plus with lots of questions: 1) Can my device itself understand its power type (solar, battery, plug), power input voltage, and network connection type (Wi-Fi, Ethernet, ...)? 2) How can we pair 2 Netduinos by BlueSMiRF? I really appreciate your answers. Cheers, Mohammad

#2 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 12 July 2012 - 09:33 PM

Hi mohammad,

Let me see if I can provide some first steps here...

1) Can my device itself understand its power type (solar, battery, plug), power input voltage, and

The Netduino doesn't know what kind of power it's getting: DC power is DC power, more or less. If you have an application where you need to supply different types of power and the Netduino needs to know what type of power it's getting...you could attach a different EEPROM or other identifical device along with that power supply (using SPI or I2C to communicate with it, for instance).

2) How can we pair 2 Netduinos by BlueSMiRF?

I haven't used BlueSMiRF before. Is there a set of transceivers that offer a serial bridge (i.e. plug both of them into serial and they transmit data to each other?

Chris

#3 baxter

baxter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 01:26 AM

You can pair two Netduinos wirelessly with a pair of Wixels by configuring them with the wireless serial App, http://www.pololu.com/docs/0J46/9.b Max range about 50 feet. For longer ranges (reportedly up to 3Km), look at the XRF modules, http://shop.ciseco.c...rduino-pic-etc/ They are about the same price as the Wixels and shipping is very reasonable; about $4.50. Baxter

#4 mohammad

mohammad

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 10:09 PM

2) How can we pair 2 Netduinos by BlueSMiRF?

Thanks Chris and Baxter for your useful replies.
I found this link useful to do that:
http://phillipecanti...tooth-link.html
In addition, my own Blog completely explains how to enable Bluetooth for Netduino Plus by means of a BlueSMiRF Silver.

#5 Arbiter

Arbiter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts
  • LocationBrisbane, Australia

Posted 07 August 2012 - 11:50 PM

Baxter, are you using XRF strictly point to point or have you tried using it as a bus network? I am considering my options for position sharing in a swarm.I see it supports LLAP.
One day, all this too shall parse.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.